Needing Motivation!

Options
Hi! I am in need of motivation! I was recently sick with a minor cold which prevented me from going to the gym for a week and a half. Then the second half of the week I was too busy, and wanted to fully recoup before hitting the gym again, and I gained about 2 lbs! I started easing my way to the gym again, and gained another pound! It is sooo hard!! And I find it really hard to judge food calories for my dinner. Any tips? Thanks!

Replies

• betaplee
    Options
    On days that you feel unmotivated are the days that you need to push yourself even harder. Good luck. That's how I push myself. Also, if you don't do it now, when are you going to do it? If you eat something, how are you going to feel?
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Don't give up - it takes time to see results. Just pick a reasonable daily goal and then meet it :)
  • lovelyiskey
    lovelyiskey Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What are you having trouble with as far as counting calories? the act of doing it or finding the foods in the database?

A normal person loses about a pound a week so gaining 2 pounds in 2 weeks is normal. You just have to take care of yourself. Get out for walks 15 mins a day in the morning and the rest of your day will really feel easier to deal with, if you work out even more that's great! I think the major thing is to not worry about falling behind and just go forward as if the pounds weren't gained. also, do weight yourself every day just do that maybe once a week.
  • jeffwaller3
    Options
    Minor colds need not hinder your exercise. It will actually help you more in recuperating and losing your colds in time. If your tired and lazy visiting the gym, try the technique on how to lose weight without exercise.

http://www.weightlosingportal.com/how-to-lose-weight-without-exercise/
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Minor colds need not hinder your exercise. It will actually help you more in recuperating and losing your colds in time. If your tired and lazy visiting the gym, try the technique on how to lose weight without exercise.

http://www.weightlosingportal.com/how-to-lose-weight-without-exercise/

I agree & I even exercise & play sports whenever I suffer menstrual cramps or with a slight fever. Unless you have a flu or your body is feeling exhausted, you can get away with it.
  • tgatti28
    Options
    Thanks for your up-lifting words! =) I guess I'm used to eating homemade Italian meals for dinner, and it's hard to find in the database. I do the best I can though! I'm starting from scratch again this week.. hoping to lose to win! haha!
  • Musicgrl4life
    Options
    it takes time! dont let a lb here and there discourage you! You can do it! If you stay under your goal weight, that's ultimately all that matters! :smile: