Just changed my food diary to include Sodium and Iron

Options
WOW i need double the sodium per calories i take in on a regular day... who knew?! I don't know if anyone is realizing the same thing as me but i'm way under my sodium intake!
I try to eat pretty natural so i looked up veggies with sodium and found this awesome chart/site http://www.dietbites.com/Sodium-in-Foods/sodium-in-vegetables.html
Hopefully this will help me get my sodium up for the day~! hope this helps you too!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Most people are trying to keep their sodium levels down...
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I almost never go over 1000mg of sodium a day, which felt like an accomplishment but it turns out humans actually do need SOME sodium, haha.
  • lovelyiskey
    lovelyiskey Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    cheeks: I'm not sure how that relates to my topic.
  • lovelyiskey
    lovelyiskey Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I almost never go over 1000mg of sodium a day, which felt like an accomplishment but it turns out humans actually do need SOME sodium, haha.

Now that i'm paying attention it really makes sense. I sweat all that salt out, i should probably replenish! I'm going to throw a few olives and beets in the mix more often :)
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    cheeks: I'm not sure how that relates to my topic.

i think cheeks just means that most people have the oposite problem and are way over there sodium limit and are trying to cut down lol

its great that you dont have to and just need to add a little more to your meals its alot easyer that way trust me lol ( i go over salt almost all the time)
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    500mg is the safe minimum for sodium, so I should be fine. It's apparently very important for digestion and the nervous system!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you're getting plenty of potassium, too. Your body needs it to use the sodium.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of natural foods as well and I still try to keep the sodium as low as possible, as it increases water retention and raises your blood pressure. .

We get more than enough sodium in food without tryint to eat it. .
  • melholden10
    Options
    Brilliant cheers for that link I have a problem with low sodium aswell but hate adding salt to food have low blood pressure and blood tested low sodium which is why i get dizzy and feint!