New to MyFitnessPal

Options
Hi. Just started my download today so I haven't even tracked yet. This is the app my Nutrition and Fitness doctor recommended. Lots to learn and basics of posting what you eat. I'm a 58 year old women who has done it all with diet and had limited results. I'm in a clinical trial phase 3 for hunger management so I'm hoping this is my answer. My 6 month old granddaughter has motivated me to turn this weight problem around.

Replies

• bonvivebooks5193
    Options
    They say support is key. Go you!!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    I was referred by my dietician four years and almost a hundred pounds ago at 56, and all I can say is, thank heavens she did!

It’s possible to have a lot of success if you’re willing to invest the time in reading the boards and learning, and log & weigh the food.

And yes, it IS great being able to pop down on the floor with the grandkid - and easily pop back up to standing while holding her. That wouldn’t have happened pre-MFP!

Much success to you!

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    You already took the biggest step. You started. The hardest part from here on is to stick with it. Make time for it every day. Maybe 30 minutes a day for the first 2 weeks. After a while it becomes so fast and automatic, I don’t even know how long. Maybe a total of 5 minutes most days. Just keep coming back. Keep logging. It’s complicated at first, and you will make mistakes, but you’ll be surprised how quickly it gets easier and better.