Turn This Day Around

Options
havingitall
havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
This morning, when the alarm went off, I rolled over and snored on my husband's shoulder for about 25 minutes. I got up and flopped on the couch with my coffee. "Not going to the gym this morning" I mumbled to my husband. Since he is planning on riding his bike tonight, he had no issue with my choice.

Once the caffeine did its magic, I looked at the clock, realized I had time for a workout and changed the day around. I went to the gym and I didn't just work out...I kicked my own butt. 45 minutes of weights with back, chest, arms and shoulders....I even tried some new exercises from my latest Oxygen magazine. Then I did 30 minutes of cardio.

I went home for my shower and had an awesome protein shake with tons of fruit, had my shower and started to drive into work. I had my usual internal discussion about stopping for a coffee....but that usually leads to a bagel too ( an extra 330 calories)... I got the coffee, because I wanted it, but no bagel....and even when the pusher at the drive thru window tried to get me to buy a cookie ( for charity don't you know) I refused......

It's going to be a good day!

Replies

• sassysmolak
    Options
    That is awesome! Great job on stepping it up. I punked out of working out this morning and now that I have read your post, I wish I hadn't. The day isn't over yet, I could still work out toinght. I hope the rest of your day rocks as hard as the morning has.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    those are the best kind of moments!!
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully Inspirational!!!! Thanks Vicki!!!
  • ellennow
    Options
    That is awesome! What a great day for NSV!!!!!! Thanks for sharing, it encourages me!
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. I'm going to remember that when my alarm goes off on Monday morning and I decide not to go swimming at 6am. x
  • Ck228
    Ck228 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well I decided to take the day off today from exercise and being crazy about the food that goes in my mouth. Now I am re-thinking that. It is too late for my morning workout. But I still have several hrs at work to change my mind.
  • justmaxine2
    Options
    I'd say you are off to a great start today!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Girl, you rocked it!~~ Rock on~!
  • bananamac
    bananamac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This was exactly the kick in the pants I needed this morning. Thank you!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Did it again today..... I stayed up too late last night and was zonked this morning. Today my husband gave me no excuses, he just hustled me out the door..... I burned over 1000 calories in an awesome cardio workout!

Keep on pushing yourself... the rewards are so worth it!
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow!! that's brilliant. I wish i had your will power.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    What a way to start the day!! I wish I could work out in the mornings..I do all my working out after work. I have to be to work @ 7am and I just cannot drag my but out of bed at 5am!!
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    There are days you don't want to do it, but you do it anyway. And you know what??? You NEVER regret doing it - do you???? GREAT JOB!!!!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Way to go for turning your day around and resisting that cookie "for charity"!!! Very inspiring post! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!