Change in thyroid hormones

Options
Hi :)

Just need a bit of advice from experience really...

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and my T3 hormone is low so i take that to replace it, but in the last few days ive gone back a step to palpatations, slight dizziness, weird sadness for no reason and i feel something isnt right!

Im going for bloods, but can your hormones just change overnight? I was doing so well! I could cry :(

Replies

• epoint
    Options
    I don't know the answer, but I've wondered that, too. I have a thyroid nodule and take methimazole to control my (slight) hyperthyroidism. I've notice that on some mornings lately I've felt "shaky," and it doesn't seem to be related to how much I've eaten or to exercise. I was wondering if my weight loss, or the fact that I was taken off of my beta blockers a couple of months ago, has affected my levels. I go for blood work in October, so I guess I'll wait until then unless I feel really off. Let me know what you find out!
  • mirenner
    Options
    Bump
  • rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    Options
    I imagine your hormones can change quickly. I developed hypothyroidism when I was only 97 pounds and it seemed like over night the weight gain and other symptoms began. Less than a year later I weigh 154. It can happen fast. But keep a close check on your symptoms and be on the lookout for those of thyroid storm because it happens fast and could be life threatening.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I think your hormones can begin changing before you experience the symptoms of their change. Definitely look into where your levels are at.
  • 2sexy4myself
    Options
    Let me start by saying I do not have any thyroid problems. But to answer your question about other hormones, I had a similiar experience, It seemed to happen overnight. I thought I was loosing my mind, my skin was breaking out, loosing my hair, low energy, I put on 15 pounds within a few months, I felt like my body went haywired. I saw my doctor and sure enough my hormone levels dropped. I had read where synthetic hormones were dangerous, luckily my Doctor perscribed bio-identical hormones and I'm back to my normal self. It didn't take long either. So don't give up hope!
  • haileemou
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Ill get my bloods done! Im so new to all this :noway:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about the thyroid. I can give you support, and how awesome you are doing! I give you mad props.
  • haileemou
    Options
    Thanks Bill :wink: maybe i need a big glass of vino! Or beer haha do you have a hangover btw?