Green juice high

Options
When I drink green juice I get this high euphoric feeling like I’m almost out of touch with reality. I’ve been drinking the brand suja. Has anyone else experienced this feeling?
Tagged:

Replies

• Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I always imagine I feel an energy surge after I make a green smoothie, but I’m pretty sure it’s all in my head. I do take advantage of it. “Look at me all healthy first thing in the morning! Whoohoo! I should get my sneakers on and go for a walk!”
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I think that’s why I like celery juice so well. It’s not just a cold, healthy drink. It makes my body feel like I just stepped out of the shower on a warm day. It makes my mind feel like I just took a long swim and I’m tired, in a good way, and I’m just going to sit in the sun for a peaceful 10 minutes.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I fee energetic after using quality greens, I use Green Vibrance and notice difference for sure.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Here's a link to a page that has the ingredients in one of the images, in case anyone was interested. I was curious about sugar. With only 4g of sugars per serving, I think we can rule out a sugar high :lol:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Suja-Organic-Cold-Pressed-Uber-Greens-46-oz/582394998
  • Almndbutta
    Almndbutta Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    There's nothing in it that would cause any weird reaction, unless you happen to be allergic against one of the ingredients. I think it's just your mind playing tricks with you: "I drink something very expensive now that sounds very healthy and it should have some effect. Oh, I just got stoned!" Kind of like this.

Lol
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Here's a link to a page that has the ingredients in one of the images, in case anyone was interested. I was curious about sugar. With only 4g of sugars per serving, I think we can rule out a sugar high :lol:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Suja-Organic-Cold-Pressed-Uber-Greens-46-oz/582394998

Wow it’s 2 dollars cheaper at Walmart than Giant. Gonna start getting it from there.

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    If I thought that these green juices could give me a rush of any kind, I'd work harder to get them!

My wife drinks a lot of green smoothies in the morning and I sometimes have some. There is something incredibly refreshing about celery juice, but it's a big chore to stock it and prepare it every day-- particularly if you insist on organic.

I can see why people buy prepared products. My wife also drinks "Atheletic Greens" and she likes "Juice Plus" as well. I haven't tried either.

I wonder how it all stacks up to the grandmother of all vegetable juice: "V8."
  • raisinj83
    raisinj83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just search "green smoothie euphoria" or similar and you'll find people reporting similar things on other forums. Never experienced it myself unfortunately, I'd probably have an easier time choking them down if so.
  • Almndbutta
    Options
    raisinj83 wrote: »
    Just search "green smoothie euphoria" or similar and you'll find people reporting similar things on other forums. Never experienced it myself unfortunately, I'd probably have an easier time choking them down if so.

Yeah I def have seen people talking about it, knew I wasn’t trippen. Knowing I owe it to my body to be healthy helps me keep drinking it the high is a bonus also lol and I juss feel better over all so.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    I think there is probably a bit of a herd mentality effect then - people read about green smoothie highs and then starts domino placebo effect.
  • Almndbutta
    Options
    I think there is probably a bit of a herd mentality effect then - people read about green smoothie highs and then starts domino placebo effect.

I felt it then researched it because I thought I was tripping.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    seems likely confirmation bias to me.