Spring break how am i going to do this?

Options
ok I am a single mom and today is the first day of spring break and I am not going to be able to go to the gym for the next two weeks anyone have any exersise ideas that I could do with a 13 year old and a four year old keeping both of them amused is a hard joib to begin with with the age difference HELP PLEASE

Replies

• Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ok I am a single mom and today is the first day of spring break and I am not going to be able to go to the gym for the next two weeks anyone have any exersise ideas that I could do with a 13 year old and a four year old keeping both of them amused is a hard joib to begin with with the age difference HELP PLEASE
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Bike rides?
    Playing tag or frisbee with them?

Anything that involves getting outside and running about like a loony!

Take them to a zoo or theme park or similar, they're a great way to exercise since you'll be walking around all day. According to this calculator on MFP, 3 hours of walking is around 500 calories.
  • pianokeys81
    pianokeys81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just be active with them - take them to the park, bike rides, even pushing their stroller for a walk is being active. Watch what you eat and you'll be fine - maybe find someone who could watch them for a day just so you can get away.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what you could do with them, but when I need to get a good workout at home I do on of the videos at exercisetv.tv . 10, 20, 30, and 45 min free full-length exercise videos. You can stream them on your computer. Good luck keeping up your exercise.
    Don't forget that a nice walk can be great for all three of you....if it's cold try a walk around the mall. :smile:
  • pammiles47
    Options
    I would suggest that if you really want to go to the gym, you should go as soon as they open up for a hour workout. I am sure at that time of morning both kids are still sleeping.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    yeah I think walks are my ony option. The little one still hasn't got enough skill on a bike and the older one is too old for the park he just mopes around tring not to be seen by anyone he knows it's a weird age