3rd time's the charm?!?

Options
Hello all. I'm here for the 3rd time but this time it's different (right?!?). I have to do something and get healthier and I need to do it now. I am 42 and since my hysterectomy last year I haven't gained weight but I sure look like I have due to my complete lack of abs power. Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!

Replies

• Millsmaxine
    Millsmaxine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, new again. Newly diagnosed diabetic on insulin.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,855 Member
    Options
    Hello!

You mention you've tried a couple of times before. What did you learn from what didn't work those times, to guide what you're going to do this time?

In my mind - speaking from a perspective of now being at a healthy weight for 7 years after previous decades of overweight/obesity - weight management is a series of experiments, analyses and problem-solving opportunities.

What's going to work, which specific methods, differs from one person to the next. Admittedly, there are some common trends shared by most who are long-term successful, but no universal absolutes that I know of, except eating at the right calorie level on average over relatively short time spans. (And one needn't necessarily count calories to accomplish that, although that's what most people here do.)

So . . . why weren't your past attempts long term successful for you? What methods will you try this time, that will be different from what didn't work in the past?

Regardless of your approach, wishing you much success, both short and long term!