Emotional Eating for Parents

Options
Hi. I've been on FP for the last 6 months and have definitely seen the benefits of macro tracking. However, because of all the restriction to achieve my goals, I'm finding I am now in the bingeing territory and am coming on here for accountability- especially with terrible snacking when stressed or bored.

I would love to find out the strategies you all have for:
- when super sleepy
- bingeing in the evening because I have restricted myself in the day
- when in the parenting slumps/ tantrums
- when in social situations

Many thanks!

Replies

• stianledal21
    stianledal21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not sure if its better, but I usualy drink water, coffee/energi drinks with 0 kcals if I feel sleepy. If I absolute need to snack something, I usualy have 0 kcals candy at home with 0 sugar. It doest taste 100% like normal candy, but its close enough to end my sugarneeds. If you are not home, in social situations for example, just be sure to bring your own snacks. If you love vegetables, that can be one of your go-to snacks.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been on FP for the last 6 months and have definitely seen the benefits of macro tracking. However, because of all the restriction to achieve my goals, I'm finding I am now in the bingeing territory and am coming on here for accountability- especially with terrible snacking when stressed or bored.

I would love to find out the strategies you all have for:
    - when super sleepy - Diet Coke or even better Dr. Pepper Cream Soda Zero
    - bingeing in the evening because I have restricted myself in the day - Logging it first, that usually slows me down
    - when in the parenting slumps/ tantrums - mine's 18 and off to college, not an issue anymore :D
    - when in social situations - I bank calories to allow a bit of a treat, not too much but enough to feel I'm not depriving myself

Many thanks!