Brand new and looking for Moms going through premeopause

Options
HI!
I have always stayed in good shape until the premenopause stage started really kicking in last year. I found myself always tired and moody and not motivated anymore and my weight shows it! I ended up gaining 20 lbs and decided I will not let this get the best of me! I have 4 kids ages 23 down to 8 years old and I noticed my youngest son gaining weight too. i want to be a good influence on him.

I love this site so far and I think between this and friends to keep me accountable I can do this! Add me please if this sounds familiar or just if you want to.

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    hey! i'm 24, so you and my mom are prob about the same age. i'd love to be friends. i have a 5 month old and could always use motherly advice! :)

add me if you want.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: When you go through menopause you need to cut your calories. Your metabolism is not what it use to be. I gained 30 during it.
    Lost it by just cutting calories. Good luck.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • Stoosshelby
    Options
    I am 47, and had a hysterectomy in 2007. This past year I started Peri Menopause. The fatigue is the worst part. I also have some depression issues.But with meds and excercise, I feel like my old self again. I have gained 45 lbs since the surgery, and I was already overweight! I'm excited about this site! My goal is 80 lbs by September of 2012. Good luck with your goals!