Hi Everyone!!! New Introduction

Options
SaladsAndSanity
SaladsAndSanity Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys! My names Sharon and I’m here on MFP to add some structured logging to my fitness journey! I’ve already lost 50 pounds this year, but let my dedication slip a bit the last few months for various reasons. I have 93 pounds left to go until I’m at my weight goal of 180.

fbfihgrwncco.jpeg

I am trying to start weight lifting and actually training my body on a consistent schedule at the gym, but honestly I’m a tad nervous as I’ve never really venture over to that side of my gym before. I’ve been watching a lot of videos about the different uses of specific machines and my forms.

Overall goal is to just get myself accountable for myself again. Being mindful and using my energy with intent and purpose. It’s officially 6 months until my birthday so I want to see how well I can do by then!

Id love to add anyone who wants an accountability friend. And anyone on here who’s gym savvy lol 😂

Replies

• stianledal21
    stianledal21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great work! Try not to overthink when you go to a public gym. 99% of people at the gym train for their own results and needs. If they look at you, they 99% of the times think positive about it or just dont think about anything at all that includes you, just a place to relax their eyes while waiting for next set. If you have any questions regarding lifting, forms etc just add me and I can try to help :smile:
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Nice to meet you! I’m 5’5” and 280 pounds so I think we are really similar?? :)

I hope you accept my friend request and we chat because I really need a partner who understands the struggle of being plus size.

I struggle with the gym a lot. I got a gym membership but I only went once because I felt very uncomfortable. I was a lot bigger than the other girls there and I felt guys staring at me. I couldn’t find workout clothes that fit well (hold in my tummy) so my tummy would hang out and my yoga pants show my butt and every roll and cellulite. I felt like it was all on display in front of everyone. I was also the only one wearing a mask and that made me super uncomfortable. I left after a few minutes.

So I bought a Peloton to exercise from home but the seat feels very small for my butt. Has you had this problem? I feel like it’s not designed for a plus size woman’s body and that makes me so angry. So I’m not riding it right now but I’m looking for something more comfortable for me to sit on!!

I need help finding clothes I can feel comfortable in. I know the weight won’t come off overnight. In the meantime, I am a very curvy and voluptuous woman and I deserve to feel confident and sexy about my body, just like any other woman. It’s just hard to find the right shapewear and clothes to accentuate my curves and hide my tummy. I’m kind of apple shaped so my tummy fat is really prominent. In fact it’s my widest/fattest area. Do you have that problem too?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest that the first time you use a new machine ask for help. The people that work there will show you. Or, if you have the money get a PT for a few sessions. That will set you up with a program tailored for you.
  • capgordon1293
    capgordon1293 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff wish u well in ur journey 💪💪