HELLLP!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I'm really in a funky mode, i havent exercised this week at all
and i have not been really watching what i eat. I think its because
i'm starting to get depressed again everytime i see my stomach.
I know everything takes time and i cannot just lose this stomach
but something has got to give, I really wish i had the $$$ for a
tummy tuck cuz i sure would get one in a hurry. Is there anything
i can do to atleast lose some inches i feel really disgusted and
really am to the point where i feel like saying forget about it
and just live with it but its sooo hard, i've been dealing with
this for years now but dont know what to do any advice would
really help.

Replies

• Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    really help.
  • TommieAnn
    TommieAnn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :wink: Please stop feeling bad, you have lost three pounds give yourselft a little credit and stay positive. This will happen for you remember my advise to you is that it did not take you one day to put it on so it will not take one day to take it off, but it will come off. Keep you chin up.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    stick to it. you didn't put the weight on in a month, it won't come off in a month. When I started, on 12/27/08, I thought this is a road that will take forever. And now I have lost 2 sizes. I'm still not where I want to be, but the longer you stick to the program, the easier it gets. and the more progress you make the less you will consider giving up!

You can do this!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    Hey Super Mom, I know where you are coming from. I kicked it into high gear during Heart Healthy week. They say a womens waist should be 35 in or smaller. Well I measured mine the day I heard that I mine was 38. scary. Well that was a month ago, this morning I measured and my waist was 34 1/2!!! I was so excited. I have been logging my calories and working out everyday. I try and do eliptical in the afternoon and 30 Day Shred at night. I am not seeing the loss on the scale but I do know my body is changing. Be patient and things will happen for you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Exercise is what you need to do. It will help you lose weight and will elevate your mood.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    C'Mon, now. Anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Besides, you CAN'T give up! The tummy will only get bigger! YOU CAN DO THIS! It's not easy, but you're going to be so proud when it's done!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    really help.
    trust me you dont wish you had a tummy tuck take a moment to think about this..and I am going to say this from experience of watching a friend go through this....she had tummy tuck which puts you on non excercise restriction for 6 weeks..with the tummy tuck u lose 5-12lbs....well because she didnt have her eating under control she gained all of her tummy tuck weight back PLUS and extra 15lbs in 6 weeks of no excercise and not eating right....tackle committing to an excercise and eating routine before you resort to surgery of any type....keep plugging away at those pounds and target your tummy zone you will be fine..tape measure is a wonderful thing...good luck *just think of what you could do with 10k it cost for surgery*
  • pammiles47
    Options
    I am in the same boat with the years of trying. But this time around I learn that if I workout for at least 45 minutes a day and eat no bread my stomach deflats! And I do not have the inflated feeling! Try it and let me know how it works out for you.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    really help.

Is is lose skin? or is is fat?
    Weight training helps define muscles but you also need cardio to cut the fat-- so you need both- also the foods you eat has alot to do with stomach fat.

Trust me I know how you feel about your stomach I had 2 kids and my belly looks like it was attacked by spider man- but with working out cardio and weight training I have dropped inches in my belly area- but in order for it to look like what it did before kids I need a tummy tuck which I will get later on down the road.
  • will4change
    Options
    Please don't give up.... Just keep doing a little every day. I had such a rough time this wk is as though the minute I try to take care of myself evrything starts to happen from all kinds of stress to the PERSISTANT body ache.... And this is what is say to myself ... I am going to walk on that treadmill if it only 10 minutes and so far this wk I haven't skipped one day.......I pulled a muscle on my back then my left hip started to hurt now my right knee, the pain is there no matter what so.........well too bady body of mine.... I am going to make it........
    SO HUNG IN THERE.........BEST OF LUCK TO YOU........
  • bubbles112
    Options
    you already lost 3 pounds !!!!!!!!!! and thats great well done.. imagine how much you can lose if you keep this up in a few months? nd how good you will feel about urself.. to put on weight it took time nd now to lose weight its gna take time aswell.. but im sure u have patience since your a super mom ... have patience with yourself and you will manage!!!!!!!!!!

sacrafice is giving up something good for something better =]
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    Keep going!
    You cannot spot lose, but ab work will tone the area and tighten problem areas. For me I keep carbs under 150/day and also keep the sugars pretty low b/c the more I have the more bloated my stomach looks and feels. Just think about when you are not exercising and not watching what you eat .... you are not doing anything to improve the situation. When you do watch what you eat and add the exercise you will see the results you want .... maybe not as quickly as we all would like, but you will see the progress - and not feel guilty.
    You are doing great ... don't give up.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    really help.
    trust me you dont wish you had a tummy tuck take a moment to think about this..and I am going to say this from experience of watching a friend go through this....she had tummy tuck which puts you on non excercise restriction for 6 weeks..with the tummy tuck u lose 5-12lbs....well because she didnt have her eating under control she gained all of her tummy tuck weight back PLUS and extra 15lbs in 6 weeks of no excercise and not eating right....tackle committing to an excercise and eating routine before you resort to surgery of any type....keep plugging away at those pounds and target your tummy zone you will be fine..tape measure is a wonderful thing...good luck *just think of what you could do with 10k it cost for surgery*

Very well said...