Turbofire question!

Options
Does anyone else who does Turbofire get tired of Fire 55EZ and Fire 60? I LOOOOVE Turbofire, love the program, love what it has done for me, but I can't seem to get into these two classes. It was fine at first, but now I just get bored with them too quickly. It's not even that I've mastered the moves or anything, it's just that after a while they seem to drag on and on. Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Nope, I think those are my 2 favorites...sorry :flowerforyou:
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love the HIIT disc - if it's HIIT it's a favorite with me ;-).
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've put a sticky note on the TV during the 55, to cover the clock. It just seems to take forever. It's not an intensity thing just a too long thing. I'd rather do two of the short workouts then one long one.
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day for me--- I haven't even gotten to Fire 60 yet but I know that it feels like at least at the beginning of 55, the Daisy Dukes song takes forever. Once I get through the HIITs, though, I'm like "Well, I'm halfway through, might as well keep going." and since I'm a fan of Salt and Pepper and Run DMC, it makes it that much easier.
    I like the sticky note idea, though. I'm going to give that a try!
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea - I'll try that next time I do these discs! I don't know why but it just gets to me how long it is! I l even like the fire drills and the Push It routine, but it just DRAGS! Good suggestion though!! :-D
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Funny that you posted this! I just did Fire 60 the other day and as I was putting the disc in I dreaded the thought of having to do it! I do other 60 minute workouts with P90X and it doesn't seem to bother me as much... but Fire 55 and 60 give me the same feeling.

I can say, though, that once I was one I did think "Now that wasn't so bad!"...
  • texasmissy
    texasmissy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I stuck to the TurboFire schedule for about 13 weeks, but started dreading those couple of discs, too. I had to start switching up my cardio. So now, I only do TurboFire when I can't go to the gym, park or tennis court (or if I just don't want to). That way, I get to pick which disc to do :) I love the Fire 45. I think I got sick of doing the same warm ups, cool downs and stretches EVERY SINGLE DAY. I think the plan would be much easier to stick with if they varied those things from day to day.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well that's the beauty of having multiple workouts! :) Sometimes I get burnt out on Fire 55EZ too, just because in the schedule I felt like it was ALL THE TIME. But you know what, substituting it with 45, 45EZ, 30, whatever you were "more in the mood" to do...there's no harm in that. The fact is, you'll still be doing TurboFire, you'll still be moving, and if you're in the mood to do a workout, most likely you'll push harder. That's one of the reasons I try to mix it up a LOT. I don't ever want to get burnt out on workouts. There's some days where I just don't feel like doing TurboFire at ALL. So instead, I'll put in some Hip Hop Abs, or old school Turbo Jam or even P90X. If it's serving the same purpose (resistance training for resistance training, long cardio for long cardio, interval drills for hiit, etc) and I'm enjoying it, there's no shame :)