Help!! I cant stop eating!

Options
I have been having a bad day today, I just cant seem to stop eating stuff. Started off bad with a few truffles somebody had made, then had a protein flapjack, had some dinner, had a small packet of biscuits now eating peanut butter and rice cakes. Although my belly is full and bloated, im still eating more.

I know that I shouldnt have eaten all that sugar stuff, and I know what I should be eating, but sometimes I just cant control my urge!

Any advice?

Replies

• Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    This sounds stupid but brush your teeth. When you feel the craving to eat more, brush your teeth. That helps me. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I am a bored eater, not a stress eater, but brushing has helped.
  • mqueen87
    Options
    I know this sounds maybe a little too simple but I've found that in order to stop my food/candy urges I'll pop a piece of gum in and find something to think about OTHER than food. Works like a charm for me.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I recommend picking up something to busy your hands. I have a giant blanket I crochet which keeps my hands occupied. And I can't eat when I draw, because I don't want to get food on the paper!
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Get some flavored hot tea or coffee. Although I am having a bad month, that's what I try to do. Now if I could only take my own advice... I started on the right track today, hopefully I keep it up!
    Good luck!
  • rubystar07
    rubystar07 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sometimes those days just happen! You feel so hungry and find it incredibly hard to control yourself. I get those sometimes too (less when I am logging, though). I suggest a big glass (or two) of water, several times today. Sometimes people are really just thirsty when they are "head hungry".
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    It might sound weird but what actually helped me was working out early in the morning, then I feel compelled to eat right.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Go out for a walk, nowhere near the shops!
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your replies. I think that I am actually at my limit of eating any more!!! I have peanut buttered my way to stopping!

Its a horrible urge I get, then feel like my stomach is going to explode!

I shall take some of your ideas with me next time this happens. Maybe I should start to log again.

thank you so much
    xxx
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    Go out for a walk, nowhere near the shops!

haha now that was my downfall!!
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    I know when I have a craving for chocolate or something sweet, I just take one bite and then throw it in the trash. So at least I got that little taste of what I wanted. It has helped me alot. Cause I love me some chocolate......
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    Can you get out of the house? I always need to get away from the source! Even if it's just a walk around the block.
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    Can you get out of the house? I always need to get away from the source! Even if it's just a walk around the block.

Im at work. Have been out already that is where I picked up the biscuits!!
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    I know when I have a craving for chocolate or something sweet, I just take one bite and then throw it in the trash. So at least I got that little taste of what I wanted. It has helped me alot. Cause I love me some chocolate......

I do this sometimes, I actually squirt something on them ie hand cream, so that I wont eat them
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options

I do this sometimes, I actually squirt something on them ie hand cream, so that I wont eat them

That is hilarious, and actually a good suggestion. I will have to start buying more lotion so I can gross-up my candy! I can't stop eating lately, too... Trust me, I understand exactly what you're going through!
  • dashbeaujippers
    dashbeaujippers Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound wierd, but I keep 85% cocoa, dark chocolate in the house, just for those occasions. It is VERY bitter, and I can only eat a little bit.... it gives me the "satisfied " feeling because it is after all, chocolate (a dessert) and the bitter flavor, just does something to make me not want to eat anymore.... but it has to be the 85% cocoa one, none of the others, with more sugar have that effect on me.... all I eat is about 80-100 cals worth, and it seems to do the trick for me... hope this helps :smile:
  • shipwreck3
    Options
    I would make you some diet lipton instant tea. When I start craving food and find I cant seem to stop the munchies..its usually because Im dehydrated. Are you getting your recommended daily water/fluid intake? Also try fish oil capsules. Im not sure what it does but some reason it acts like a natural appetite suppressant.
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    I know this may sound wierd, but I keep 85% cocoa, dark chocolate in the house, just for those occasions. It is VERY bitter, and I can only eat a little bit.... it gives me the "satisfied " feeling because it is after all, chocolate (a dessert) and the bitter flavor, just does something to make me not want to eat anymore.... but it has to be the 85% cocoa one, none of the others, with more sugar have that effect on me.... all I eat is about 80-100 cals worth, and it seems to do the trick for me... hope this helps :smile:

I have tried that route, but it doesnt normally work. I still go to the cupboard and find more stuff! I do not usually buy any rubbish, but on the odd occasion there is some, I just go for it.
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    I would make you some diet lipton instant tea. When I start craving food and find I cant seem to stop the munchies..its usually because Im dehydrated. Are you getting your recommended daily water/fluid intake? Also try fish oil capsules. Im not sure what it does but some reason it acts like a natural appetite suppressant.

I probably dont get enough, I used to have a 2 litre bottle of water on my desk, but our cleaner at work threw it away, got another one, and threw it away again!!
  • Leola2011
    Options
    I gross-up my food, too! Last week I had Zaxby's, which came with toast. I poured the sauce all over my toast and squished it around....because I was about to inhale it! And then I just walked away. I was unhappy about it, but still proud that I'd controlled that part of my meal.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I gross-up my food, too! Last week I had Zaxby's, which came with toast. I poured the sauce all over my toast and squished it around....because I was about to inhale it! And then I just walked away. I was unhappy about it, but still proud that I'd controlled that part of my meal.

I love this strategy. We have a sweets table in my office that always seems to have something on it. When I walk past it I imagine taking my fist and smashing everything on the table. That would be so satisfying and I could probably count it as my cardio for the day.