1500 cal what does your day look like?

Options
From Australia looking for all of you eating 1500cal a day to see how you use your calories for the day to get some ideas as I haven’t been doing great…. Currently no breakfast then start my day with a skinny late then my food starts at morning tea!!! Help me lol I need to see what others do….. thanks 😊

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,443 Member
    Options
    What's the problem with 1500? Does it feel too much? Too little? What are you stats to start with and your aim?

I could share my diary (I normally don't) but it's perfect for the way I prefer to eat, with macros that keep me full. You might prefer a big first meal instead of my small one, prefer a lot less carbs, or other things.

One thing you could do is just eat normal for a week or two. write down everything you eat and also note how you feel about it. Do you feel full and happy? Still hungry? Does it always happen at the same time of the day? And this way you can tweak things so that you feel full and happy while reaching your goal, whatever it may be. Remember, it's a marathon and not a race.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    wow i can't imagine living on 1500. i need 2600-3000
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    azuki84 wrote: »

Eh, my daily calories for years has been 1500. That's maintenence calories for me. Every body is different. And I imagine if I tried to eat 3000 calories in a day, I would probably be throwing up because I wouldn't even be able to fit the food in my stomach.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    This is close, at 1550, but I'm not sure it'll help. (I'm vegetarian.)

Apologies for it being in two chunks: It's in a PDF now, so the easiest way to show it was a screen grab. One note: Most of what's under snacks was really like another meal, because that day was a little odd schedule-wise. Think of it as part of dinner, except that the popcorn and cheese stick were real snacks.

What timing to eat and stay reasonably happy/full is pretty individual anyway, I think; as is food choice, to some extent.

FWIW:
    olr1wqxfaaxg.jpg
    ny2h9udgcpeh.jpg

Of course, you're male, and under quite different circumstances, so what you can imagine may not be that helpful to OP. I'm just guessing, though.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,443 Member
    Options

I guess you're male? Calorie needs of a body depend a lot on gender. Males need more calories than females of same weight, age and size. Furthermore, a larger body needs more calories than a smaller one. And finally, activity also plays a role as well of course. Thus it's great that you need so much, but most normal-weight women will actually gain on that amount.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    1500 for me would include

2 cups of coffee with half and half (about 90 cal)

3 eggs and 2 whites (200ish cal), scrambled with reduced fat cheese (90), mushrooms, onions, peppers (30 cal), done with non-stick spray (27cal for 3 g). Add 6 slices of center cut bacon (about 150 calories). 6oz of raspberries (100cal). That's 570ish

2 cooked chicken thighs, seasoned with Taco spices (300 cal) Chopped up top of lettuce, tomato, onion (maybe 50 cal), more cheese (90), guacamole (100), lite sour cream (35), salsa (20), jalepenos (20), and a crumbled up Taco shell or Tortilla Chips (60). 675 or so.

That puts me around 1250. Leaves room for a yogurt (two good Meyer lemon, yum). 80 cal. Some cut up celery and Cucumber and French onion dip (80-100). A nectarine (75).

That is pretty much it.
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of mine from the week.

bk7426m7an9y.jpeg

psnhe4cxnkce.jpeg

• Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 258 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Female, 55, 232 kgs, sedentary, 1442 kcals daily, above days look delicious and enough for me … thank you for the ideas!
  • shanusa12
    shanusa12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Australian too currently doing approx 1500 a day. Today is a work day for me and I've had/am having:

Breakfast: 1 coffee (moka pot espresso, 2 sugars, Heart Active milk) 100 cals, 1 apple 95 cals, Chobani FIT Strawberry pouch 80 cals.

Lunch: Hart & Soul Chicken and Corn Soup 252 cals, 3xRye Cruskits 63 cals with 3x Light Laughing Cow cheese portions 78 cals, 9 slices of cucumber 14 cals.

Dinner I'm having leftover Dinnerly Sweet & Sour Pork with rice 635 cals.

I have about 50mls per day of Bickfords Lemon Cordial at 19cals.

So that's 1335 cals plus I'll earn some from walking around the lake on my breaks so I'll probably have a snack after dinner like a Fibre One bar, some popcorn or something.

Yesterday was a day off for me and looks like this:

Breakfast: Coffee as above, 100 cals. Green Goddess Smoothie from local smoothie shop 471 cals.

Lunch: Cruskits as above with laughing cow & cucumber 154 cals

Dinner was Dinnerly Pork Chili Con Carne with yoghurt 553 cals.

Snack: Chobani FIT Vanilla pouch 79 cals.

Cordial as above.

I walked 7.6km yesterday so had some exercise cals and ate Tasti Cacao Brownie Wholefood Balls 274 cals and 2 small Cob's Natural Popcorn 128 cals. So a total of 1778 cals but 264 were exercise calories.
  • Paindeme
    Paindeme Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    In my personal experience 1500 is my sweet spot of being very satisfied while losing. Most days it's like 300 for breakfast, 500 for lunch and 700 for dinner. With that amount basically it's managing portions but you can pretty much eat whatever you want (I don't snack but that's a personal rule obviously)
  • raisinj83
    raisinj83 Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I aim to eat two or three helpings of fruit or raw veggies a day which really helps me with feeling full.

I have a little more leeway than that in my eating plan but some days 1500 is just fine. I do tend to eat tiny meals or snacks during a work day and only have one big meal cooked at home though. Today two apples and a can of ravioli split into two portions got me through work, and for supper I had two black bean burgers and later some ice cream.