Everyone should go out and buy...

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
... a 32 oz water bottle! I did this a few days ago and have been filling it up once in the morning, and once at lunch... it's literally effortless to get your 8 glasses in each day. I'm so glad I invested this $4 :)

Replies

• jdelisle
    Options
    ... a 32 oz water bottle! I did this a few days ago and have been filling it up once in the morning, and once at lunch... it's literally effortless to get your 8 glasses in each day. I'm so glad I invested this $4 :)
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Same here. it's a good idea.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It's funny how you can trick your mind like that, isn't it? I have a 16 oz bottle I use, and when I first started drinking out of it, I kept thinking I had to drink 8 of those bottles worth. Then I realized that one bottle was worth 2 "glasses", so I only had to drink 4 bottles full. For some reason, after that it was so much easier for me to drink the 8 glasses per day, plus a couple more when I exercise! I keep thinking I need to get a bigger bottle to make it even easier!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I bought a pretty pink Sigg one for me and a blue one for my husband. I also bought one for each of the kids. I have now eliminated th needto buy bottled water and am being kinder to the environment. That and since it is coated aluminum, I don't have to worry about the bad plastics doing our bodies harm.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I actually have a jug that I got at Walmart a couple of years ago that holds 64 oz of water. I use it everyday and it is made specifically for this reason because it has "water facts" printed all over it. For example: water keeps your metabolism going, water curbs your appetite etc.... I love it though. I drink all my 8 glasses a lot quicker and I am actually surprised at how quick i can drink all that water! :drinker:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I have these two:

2078-2012S.jpg

thumb_8117.00.JPG

The second one is a SIGG Steel water bottle. :drinker:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I bought one at Target for $9.99. It is an Intak by Thermos. They come in fun colors too. I take it everywhere with me (it fits in my purse), and I can easily drink my 8-10 glasses a day. It even has a little counter on it so you can keep track of how many times you fill it up each day.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    I bought a pretty pink Sigg one for me and a blue one for my husband. I also bought one for each of the kids. I have now eliminated th needto buy bottled water and am being kinder to the environment. That and since it is coated aluminum, I don't have to worry about the bad plastics doing our bodies harm.

Kind of off topic, but the use of aluminum still scares me a bit. Isn't the exposure to too much aluminum linked to all kinds of neurological disorders, Alzeimher's, etc? As well, aluminum takes a great deal of energy/resources to mine, and is not very environmentally friendly. Not that plastic is any better, I have just been seeing a lot of aluminum bottles around and that’s kind of scary to me! I think glass is ultimately the best, but I have yet to find a glass water bottle.
  • havingitall
    Options
    I have these two:

[thumb_8117.00.JPG

The second one is a SIGG Steel water bottle. :drinker:

That's my water bottle...except mine is pink
  • havingitall
    Options

Kind of off topic, but the use of aluminum still scares me a bit. Isn't the exposure to too much aluminum linked to all kinds of neurological disorders, Alzeimher's, etc? As well, aluminum takes a great deal of energy/resources to mine, and is not very environmentally friendly. Not that plastic is any better, I have just been seeing a lot of aluminum bottles around and that’s kind of scary to me! I think glass is ultimately the best, but I have yet to find a glass water bottle.

Actually the Sigg is lined with a coating... so it isn't a problem. I had the same concerns before I read up on it
  • pammiles47
    Options
    Good for you!!! I have a 24 ozs bottle I fill up 5 times a day!
  • jdelisle
    Options

Actually the Sigg is lined with a coating... so it isn't a problem. I had the same concerns before I read up on it

Oh that's good to know! I kind of wondered about those! Thanks for replying :)
  • havingitall
    Options
    I also have a stainless steel one for the gym that holds 40 oz
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Sigg are made of aluminum, but have a special coating that is corrosion proof, and does not leach anything into your water. They have been extensively tested and they do not contaminate the water in any way!!! Don't be afraid of Sigg bottles!
  • chels627
    chels627 Posts: 15
    Options
    I guess I would say that I'm kind of cheap but I use a 1 liter FIGI water bottle and drink two of them a day. I have been reusing the same bottle now for almost 2 weeks. it's a cheaper way of doing the same thing