Bruising/Cellulite

Options
Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you are having the same problem as me.
As I am losing weight and toning up, places were I have/had cellulite are bruising.
My thighs look like I have been beaten up but I haven't bumped/hit them.

They aren't the light grey type bruises either - these are full dark red & purple bruises and all are at least size of a tennis ball.

Anyone else had this problem?
My diet is fine by all standards [I see my Dr once a month] so I am thinking it's not a deficiency but perhaps weak spots on my body where the fat is burning away?

No idea.
Any advice would be great!

Replies

• dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have no idea and have never heard of this. I would suggest reviewing with your doctor.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I think I would get it checked out by a doctor to be safe. :-)
  • percussionbeat
    percussionbeat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree...seeing a doc about this would be a good idea.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    i dont have an answer i would just like to say that sounds scary and painful
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor! As far as I know that has nothing to do with loosing weight or burning fat.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you are having the same problem as me.
    As I am losing weight and toning up, places were I have/had cellulite are bruising.
    My thighs look like I have been beaten up but I haven't bumped/hit them.

They aren't the light grey type bruises either - these are full dark red & purple bruises and all are at least size of a tennis ball.

Anyone else had this problem?
    My diet is fine by all standards [I see my Dr once a month] so I am thinking it's not a deficiency but perhaps weak spots on my body where the fat is burning away?

No idea.
    Any advice would be great!

I am having the same issue.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    When i got bigger legs i got cellulite.
    And im noticing that it isnt going away through weight loss, but it does seem to get better through toning. (so if i do alot of squats and stuff it helps).

But yet its never been purple, just normal skin colour. And if i was in your position i would be very worried.
    So i would go and see a doctor if i was you.
    Or maybe invest in some really good skin cream and one of those buffer things, and then it might of only of been the top layer of skin..
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    When i got bigger legs i got cellulite.
    And im noticing that it isnt going away through weight loss, but it does seem to get better through toning. (so if i do alot of squats and stuff it helps).

But yet its never been purple, just normal skin colour. And if i was in your position i would be very worried.
    So i would go and see a doctor if i was you.
    Or maybe invest in some really good skin cream and one of those buffer things, and then it might of only of been the top layer of skin..

Don't scare her ......Look hun ask your family doctor.....Im sure he could shed some light....It might even be pigmentation changes....Best thing to do as everyone else has said is go to the doctor .......just to make sure you ok Best of luck my friend :flowerforyou:
  • chocoholicandbaby
    Options
    It sounds like iron deficiency to me, but definitely get it checked out by your doctor.
  • misslexii
    Options
    Thanks all.

Doctor is my next port of call - just thought perhaps this might be a regular thing that maybe no one talks about.
    Nobody likes to admit they have cellulite right?

I would be more concerned if it were elsewhere on my body rather than just those areas, since other areas I'm loosing from haven't been effected.

I have been using "Cellulite Reduction" cream on my thighs, so perhaps the toning + massaging/moisturising is causing it even though its not a rough or hard touch.

Thanks again, will let you know if I get any feedback from Dr, but if any of you hear anything in the meantime, please let me know
  • misslexii
    Options

I am having the same issue.

Any idea what is causing yours?