any mfp writers out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I assisted my ex in writing a book. He's finished his first edit and is hoping to start the publishing process soon. Have a couple people reading through it over the next couple months. It's historical fiction set in Ancient Rome (a young Julius Caesar is a main character :smile: )
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i have a short story that was published. i have oh... seven novels in various stages from two paragraphs and a good idea to OMG HOW HAVE I NOT JUST FINISHED THAT YET, IT'S BEEN FIVE YEARS.

mostly i stick to fanfiction, b/c that's what i have time for. LOL. Oh, but i did just win a Fulcrum award for a Leverage fic i did, that was my amazing moment last week.

i'm all for us encouraging and supporting each other.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add (I haven't been sleeping well due to a cold.... my brain isn't functioning over about 50% right now ... BLAH) if any of you want to take a read through the story and provide feedback, let me know. I'm still helping him out with it.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i have a short story that was published. i have oh... seven novels in various stages from two paragraphs and a good idea to OMG HOW HAVE I NOT JUST FINISHED THAT YET, IT'S BEEN FIVE YEARS.

mostly i stick to fanfiction, b/c that's what i have time for. LOL. Oh, but i did just win a Fulcrum award for a Leverage fic i did, that was my amazing moment last week.

ROCK ON LADY!!! That's awesome!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add that, while I'm not a writer, I do freelance editing work through a small publishing house in Texas. If anyone gets to the stage where they are needing editing services, let me know. Or, if you'd like me to look at your book before submitting it for publication, again, let me know. I may even be able to get it read at the publishing house I'm working with.

Good luck everyone. Keep writing and losing!!!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

ROCK ON LADY!!! That's awesome!

i think it's pretty awesome! i've been nommed before, so when i found out i was nommed for this one i was like "ok, that's cool" i let my flist know, and i got on with my life. and then my bestie sent me an IM letting me know that i actually won my category and i was SHOCKED! this is my first win. i was feeling like Susan Lucci.
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would definitely be in ... I will be doing NaNo this year. Guess I should prepare!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i like the yahoo group idea - i set one up called 'mfp writer's guild'. i figure we can post writing focused things there, but we can still run a forum here just to cyber hang out. something else we could do is set up little writing exercises each week - just little things to keep our brains in order and to share with each other. what say you?

if you want to join the yahoo group, private message me with your email address and i'll get you in. and then ya'll can help me navigate this thang!
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    I'm doing NaNoWriMo for my 6th year this year! How I'm going to balance writing 50,000 words and exercising (while being a full-time stay at home mommy) is beyond me. :tongue:
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    BUMP.

I am a writer through and through. However, with a two year old running about the house like a mad woman, I don't get the time to sit and write like I used to! One of these days though! LOVE the idea of a writer's group! I feel that deadlines aren't going to help me with the current novel I'm working on, but I'm always game to have someone to bounce ideas off of!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    i like the yahoo group idea - i set one up called 'mfp writer's guild'. i figure we can post writing focused things there, but we can still run a forum here just to cyber hang out. something else we could do is set up little writing exercises each week - just little things to keep our brains in order and to share with each other. what say you?

if you want to join the yahoo group, private message me with your email address and i'll get you in. and then ya'll can help me navigate this thang!

I just joined! I've never used Yahoo Groups before, so be patient.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    I just joined! I've never used Yahoo Groups before, so be patient.

you and me both!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    writer's block...:grumble:
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    About?
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I own a bookstore and work too much and read when I can and have neglected writing. I am reading the "The Artist Way" again, trying to get jump started. This group could be perfect for me :)