I find it hard... on a daily basis...

Options
Thanks for responding :)
And for the positive support, I've deleted my post just incase :)

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself every day. It just makes it harder on you.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Quit weighing yourself every day. Once a week if you can't handle fluctuations.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    we all have our off days you have done very well so far im 142 lbs and 5ft 3 and cant wait till i see 122lbs come up on the scales
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Having a baby at home only makes it harder. Focus on your baby and the fun things you can do. Enjoy this time with your baby and work back into the baby weight loss. Your body needs to recover from the pregnancy too. Don't restrict yourself too much. It can take up to a year for your body to totally heal from pregnancy.
  • Papa_Swearingen
    Papa_Swearingen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Focus on what makes you happy! Kicking yourself on the scale every day is not a good start, but remaining healthy for your family's sake is important.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    At 122 lbs you are in relatively good shape. This is just my opinion, but I think you may have unrealistic expectations of what you should look like. Also having babies makes it difficult to retain a barbie figure, regardless of what hollywood tells you.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am having an "off" day, I make a list of all the positive changes I've seen in my body, as well as my habits, since I started being healthy....recognizing that you are changing more than your weight, but your lifestyle might be just the thing you need to keep you pushing for your goals. And make other goals besides weight - like eating healthy everyday for a week, or not eating past 7 everyday for 5 days or something. Good luck, and keep going!!!
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    At 122 lbs you are in relatively good shape. This is just my opinion, but I think you may have unrealistic expectations of what you should look like. Also having babies makes it difficult to retain a barbie figure, regardless of what hollywood tells you.

I wish i did however- I kind of look like a child... size 4 fingers, I literally have size 5 shoes.... As a teacher i was the same size as my 4th grade 9 year olds :(

Thank you for responding :)
  • hkrosez
    Options
    I feel the same. The highest I have ever been is 121.5, (5'0") and my goal weight is about 110 right now. I will probably set a smaller goal as well, as I start getting into better shape, I just want my clothes to fit again.

But weighing yourself every day is hard on yourself. I don't even weight once a week. Maybe twice or three times a month because I fluctuate about 5 lbs. And since I'm only trying to lose 11lbs, it's hard on me to continue to see myself drop, then gain, then drop, then gain it all back in the course of a week. It's really slow going. I understand your pain right now, but hang in there and realize the most important thing is to STAY on it and maintain a slow weight loss. :) Us smaller folks have to lose the weight over a longer period of time.
  • Whopooh
    Options
    It is sooo hard when you are a shorter person. I can relate to that. I'm only 5'2" and every single pound shows up on a smaller frame. Hang in and do the best you can.
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    Whenever I am having an "off" day, I make a list of all the positive changes I've seen in my body, as well as my habits, since I started being healthy....recognizing that you are changing more than your weight, but your lifestyle might be just the thing you need to keep you pushing for your goals. And make other goals besides weight - like eating healthy everyday for a week, or not eating past 7 everyday for 5 days or something. Good luck, and keep going!!!

You are absolutely right. Thank you for putting me back in check!!
  • naner61
    Options
    Hey go ahead and have the "OFF" days, that is totally okay!! Just remember that tomorrow is always a fresh start!! That is what I have to keep telling myself just so I keep at it when I fall of the health wagon! Here I am back at it again with the resolve of making it work and not looking at the scale but concerning myself with eating healthy and excercising and when my clothes start to feel looser then I know I am on track! Good luck!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Everyone up there ^ is right.

I used to daily, and found it'd go up/down 5lbs and i'd be like 'why do i even bother'

I switched to Saurday mornings and would get a more steady 1-2lb drop in weight.

Right now I just look in the mirror, every few weeks think 'i look fat' and then weigh myself.

I visually look 20lbs different if im full/hydrated vs when i wake up.

At any rate, I set my goals this summer for next summer, which is a long ways away, I have all winter to work on my fitness goals.

I suggest you try the same, just be realistic and the results will come.
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    what I would do is put the scale up high. Like somewhere that you cant reach easialy. so then you will not be tempted. and if you are you have to get a chair and climb up to get it. so then you have to think about what you are doing and if you really want to go through all of this just to weigh yourself. I do that. but for me it is easy to grab it down. (6'4") so i have my wife hide it. so even if i am trying to find it while she is gone. I have time to think "do I really want to do this AGAIN?" good luck. Hope this helps. it helped me.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I'm built like an ogre. So I can understand the desire to break out of the physical mould you were put in at birth. However I still think that at your size and given weight that you are in a good place.

I will agree with the "don't weigh in every day" crowd. Your weight fluctuates daily. Also at 122 lbs you are pretty much at a normal weight so you arne't going to see dramatic weight loss short of not eating for a couple of weeks, which you better not do =P
  • utilena
    utilena Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stay the course. You know the benefits. We all have hard days. This too shall pass. Blessings!