Poker

Alright, who digs the game? Obviously I do. The November Nine is just around the corner to finish off the WSOP.

For those in the States, how are you faring since Black Friday? For those not in the States, how are you faring since Black Friday since you can't play against us American donkeys anymore? haha

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Poker? You brought 'er.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    I'm a big fan of Poker, too. Still paying money games on Bodog (ok, my idea of money games are $3 or $5, lol). I really enjoy the rush when I can take someone out of the game.
  • xneurocentric
    xneurocentric Posts: 44 Member
    Dude.. Black Friday is KILLING ME!!! But, I love that the coverage for the WSOP is playing on ESPN around the time I hit the gym, so that's my prime thing of choice to watch as I run.

I am, quite frankly, obsessed with poker. I've played many of the different types of games to become well rounded, but I still love my Texas Hold'em. I just wish I could play online again, as I never get to the real tables as much as I'd like. :(
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    I didn't play too much online when I could, but I would sure like to be able to now. I've played quite a few live tournaments lately and think I'm starting to turn the corner a little bit with my game, even though I made a lot of mistakes the last tournament I played in. I wrote a blog for my site that I copied to the blog here for anyone that is extremely bored. lol
  • 3ball
    Dude.. Black Friday is KILLING ME!!! But, I love that the coverage for the WSOP is playing on ESPN around the time I hit the gym, so that's my prime thing of choice to watch as I run.

I am, quite frankly, obsessed with poker. I've played many of the different types of games to become well rounded, but I still love my Texas Hold'em. I just wish I could play online again, as I never get to the real tables as much as I'd like. :(

I absolutely love Omaha. I wish I were better at it though. Maybe once we can play online again I'll give it another whirl. But for now, it's pretty much all hold 'em.
  • xneurocentric
    Did you see this? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904106704576582741398633386.html

Full Tilt was my site of choice. I enjoyed the software better than PokerStars. Man.. I really want to believe that Howard Lederer and Chris Ferguson are NOT to blame for this.. but this worries me.
  • 3ball
    It is crazy out there. I have some money in FT that I will probably never get back. Not a lot, but still. Through what I do, I've met a lot of players though and I know some have several thousand dollars stuck in there. That just sucks. I also know that some are moving out of the US so they can play again as that is their profession. Pretty pathetic.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I am a huge poker fan! I use to play on Full Tilt till it went to the chits.

I like play 3 card poker big time! :D
  • 3ball
    Are there any sites left that we dare try to play on?
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Poker? You brought 'er.

poke her? I hardly know her.
  • 3ball? Explain? LOL

I'm hoping it wasn't Bub and Jesus either but who knows. I mean, they are professional gamblers for a living. I don't know too many honest gamblers. Me included.

Plenty of volunteer fire departments and even the Lion's Club here run poker games now. They say it's all for chairty but we know better. I miss playing. Miss playing pool more though. Actually I think I just miss being in the ring. Gambling always got my blood roaring. Playing or being a rail bird... it was certainly an adrenaline filled life.
  • 3ball
    3ball? Explain? LOL

The meaning of my username?
  • xneurocentric
    3ball? Explain? LOL

I'm hoping it wasn't Bub and Jesus either but who knows. I mean, they are professional gamblers for a living. I don't know too many honest gamblers. Me included.

Plenty of volunteer fire departments and even the Lion's Club here run poker games now. They say it's all for chairty but we know better. I miss playing. Miss playing pool more though. Actually I think I just miss being in the ring. Gambling always got my blood roaring. Playing or being a rail bird... it was certainly an adrenaline filled life.

Agreed. I play some home poker games with friends.. small buy in.. one of the guys we play with though is like Tom Dwan.. seriously aggressive and bluffs a ton. He's busted me a couple of times with a few crap hands. :)
  • 3ball? Explain? LOL

The meaning of my username?

Well yes... but I get it considering the color of the 3ball. That's too funny. A guy was harassing me pretty bad to go out with him one night at the poolhall and I told him he could get the 3ball. It took everyone a while to get it. NICE! At least you know someone out here appreciates the humor behind your username!
  • 3ball
    Actually, it has nothing to do with pool. :bigsmile:
  • Actually, it has nothing to do with pool. :bigsmile:

DO TELL!
  • 3ball
    Nothing exciting, sorry. It's a basketball thing.
  • Alright then. :-)
  • 3ball
    I've got a friend that is playing on one of the Merge network sites. I wonder how long before the DOJ takes that out?