Christian here!
  • UpcyclerGirl
    UpcyclerGirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am Christian. Feel free to add me. :)
  • ServeJesus2008
    ServeJesus2008 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian as well looking for Christian friends on here feel free to add me. Also im on here to gain mass and help on faith journey.
  • LJay89
    LJay89 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happily married man with two amazing kids does it matter where I spend my Sundays? If you are only limiting your friends to those who label themselves you might be missing out on meeting some amazing people. I like to base my friendships on how a person treats me and others not how they label themselves. Just my 2cents of course.

Would you say that if the title of the thread was ‘cycling friends’ or ‘Pilates friends’ or ‘Angel Worship friends’? Often times the need to have Christian contacts is not to filter out friendships based on mutual respect but a non Christians differ in their ability to empathise in the reference points or reasons for doing things. What’s more some non Christians are incapable of simply respecting Christianity. To filter out these scenarios it’s good to make connections with those who have the same basic belief.

Just want to start off with a disclaimer that I am not angry or hold anything against anyone or judge anyone on this thread. I just enjoy having friendly conversations with people.

Well since this is a fitness forum what does ones religious belief have to do with anything? If it was titled Cycling or Pilates that makes sense because they have to do with the topic at hand, fitness. I was raised in a LDS home and quit going to church because of the labels put on people with religious beliefs. I quit going to church because of the stipulation that we need to have the same faith or we can't be friends. Kind of seems to go against the few parts of the bible that I did read. " Love thy neighbor as thyself". doesn't mention anything about only love thy neighbor if they go to the same church. Now I have tried going back to about a dozen different churches all with the same outcome and experience except one. Some of the Christian churches my family went to spent the entire day without a single person even talking to us or asking who we were. Others as soon as they found out we were just seeing if this church was a fit didn't seem to have the time to want to make us feel welcome. The only exception to all of my experiences was when we were invited to our neighbors church. They are Mennonite and we watched their eldest son graduating from school. Now their church and school are one building and we only know a couple families from our area but every single person we saw introduced themselves and made us feel like welcome. We sat at a table with about 20 perfect strangers but within minutes we were holding conversations talking and laughing as though we had all been friends for years. The entire group were some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I still try to treat everyone I meet with respect and don't pass judgement until they give me not to.

I think you are massively blowing this out of proportion. It's human nature to form a community with people who share commonalities with yourself. I'm a member of an lgbt group because I'm gay and I like to chat about health and fitness with people who are the same as me. I don't see an issue with her wanting friends who are Christian.

Chill.
  • Charocheris
    Charocheris Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this thread has been replaced but keen to meet Christians who are going through the weight loss process 😄
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I’m a Christian too and I’m 100+ pounds overweight :( I have tried everything to lose weight but nothing is working for me so I’m just praying every day for God will just miraculously take all my fat away!! Will you guys please pray for me too! :)
  • Charocheris
    Options
    CurvyEmmy wrote: »
    I’m a Christian too and I’m 100+ pounds overweight :( I have tried everything to lose weight but nothing is working for me so I’m just praying every day for God will just miraculously take all my fat away!! Will you guys please pray for me too! :)

Hi @CurvyEmmy, glad to cyber meet you. Id be happy to encourage and pray in agreement with you. Is there anything specific that you’d like prayer on ie anything that keeps sabotaging your attempts to get healthier?

I’m unhappy with myself because I recently went up in weight and I hate the sensation. I’m also fighting ridiculous feelings of not wanting to see anyone because they might notice/comment on the extra weight. I know that’s ridiculous 🤪😏

• CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Hi @CurvyEmmy, glad to cyber meet you. Id be happy to encourage and pray in agreement with you. Is there anything specific that you’d like prayer on ie anything that keeps sabotaging your attempts to get healthier?

I’m unhappy with myself because I recently went up in weight and I hate the sensation. I’m also fighting ridiculous feelings of not wanting to see anyone because they might notice/comment on the extra weight. I know that’s ridiculous 🤪😏

Following plus size bloggers on Tumblr has REALLY helped me feel more confident about my weight and being seen!! Don’t hide your body!! It’s beautiful and made in the image of God!! Let your light shine!! 😃

ox9vb4ps2q5z.jpeg

• I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Don’t fall into the trap of having to surround yourself with “Christian friends” only. Been there done that.
    Sooner or later you’ll realize religions are built to keep division amongst a the folk.
    It doesn’t matter what one believes for their values, what matters here in this context is that we are all on a fitness journey.
  • Charocheris
    Options

Following plus size bloggers on Tumblr has REALLY helped me feel more confident about my weight and being seen!! Don’t hide your body!! It’s beautiful and made in the image of God!! Let your light shine!! 😃

ox9vb4ps2q5z.jpeg

Thanks so much! I’m really enjoying getting peace from the Lord about where I am and just doing the basic things. The support you received from the tumblr group is so good. You look amazing 😻

• stopthat35
    stopthat35 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm an Apostolic Christian. I'd love to have some active friends. I've been yoyo dieting for about 15 years now. Feel free to add me.
  • AmyinIowa29
    AmyinIowa29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m a believer as well and would welcome anyone who wants to add me as a friend. I’m a 47 yr old empty nester and work at our church as the secretary.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and a stay-at-home mom of six children. I converted as an adult. I love to talk to everyone and anyone and feel like I can learn from them, but agree that it can be nice when there's some common language and understanding already in place. I'm happy to add friends!

This is my second round of MFP - in 2021 I went from obese to normal weight, then became pregnant and gained much of the weight back. I have the tools now and am prepared to do it all again, but support always helps!!!
  • I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    All you “Christians” Break free from the religious dogma and listen to Bill Donahue. It’ll save you a ton of heartache and help cleanse your soul.
  • cupcakegirl645
    cupcakegirl645 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m a christian. add me if u want. jesus loves u!
  • Charocheris
    Options
    I'm 35 and a stay-at-home mom of six children. I converted as an adult. I love to talk to everyone and anyone and feel like I can learn from them, but agree that it can be nice when there's some common language and understanding already in place. I'm happy to add friends!

This is my second round of MFP - in 2021 I went from obese to normal weight, then became pregnant and gained much of the weight back. I have the tools now and am prepared to do it all again, but support always helps!!!

I'll add you as a friend :smiley:

I am trying to make a concerted effort after several false starts. I was starting to feel a tad frustrated but I prayed about it and have a sense of peace now.