Day 135....

LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
edited October 2 in Success Stories
So I’ve checked into this site for 135 days in a row - I have to admit that I am pretty happy about that. Normally, when I get onto some weight loss kick or new fitness routine I can go good for 2 – 3 months and then lose all momentum and get back to where I was before or in most cases even worse. For some reason, I suppose for many reasons – turning 40, new baby, tired of being tired, you people, my own determination, I’ve been able to sustain the momentum and keep striving to reach my goals. Actually, it doesn’t even seem too hard to stay on track this time and I’m not even sure if it’s about momentum. It seems like my mindset has miraculously changed and I’ve morphed into someone that isn’t interested in eating the bad stuff and I get aggravated if I can’t get in a workout. An example, my Dad was coming over for a visit and asked if he should pick up some wings for dinner – I was like, uh no thanks, not even because they’re not a good diet choice, I just didn’t want them. It’s not a chore to get to the gym, it’s just what I do. I’ve heard of people like this, I’ve known a few – I really hope that this is what I’ve turned into.

I know in the big picture it’s only 4 plus months and there’s quite a few more months to go before I even reach my goal but it feels pretty good to have gotten this far. Another thing that I’ve learned over the past few months is to acknowledge my victories big or small and to be proud of what I’ve accomplished – so I am. Go me!

And go you too! :happy:

Replies

• jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    That's awesome! Congrats on 135 days in! What a difference it makes, eh?
  • Go you is right! You are rocking this buddy!!! You inspire me :drinker:
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Congrats on being able to change your whole mind set with weight loss.
  • Mst917198
    Mst917198 Posts: 3 Member
    Wow! Great post! You're inspiring and you're looking good! Brilliant thought to acknowledge even the small accomplishments! We all need that! Keep up the great work!:smile:
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    I agree. GO YOU!!!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    So proud of the person you are becoming. Still you, but happier and healthier....

Keep doing your thang. It's working, and it shows! :glasses:
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    go us all!
  • rosssport
    rosssport Posts: 16 Member
    It is one awesome program. Congrats on the loss and for sticking with it. We have a group of family members that are doing it and we're setting mini goals and challanges between each other. That makes it even easier for me to keep with the program.
  • You are a rock star!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!