Restart on MFP

Options
Last time I was on MFP I lost about 30 lbs. I went to the Dr and I am now at my high time weight of 220 lbs. Being work from home has made me less motivated all around. Next year I will be 40 and want to start it off right.

Replies

• Goingswole84
    Goingswole84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well I bet you can do it again I sent you a friend request hopefully we can help eachother.
  • OnTheRoad24
    OnTheRoad24 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've restarted several times I know what you're saying... tough to take off, easy to put back on. I'm always looking for friends, add me if you'd like! :)
  • dark_sparkles37019
    dark_sparkles37019 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. I'm 36 and in my 230s at 5'8.
  • _Taylor139_
    _Taylor139_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Keep positive and remember your only one decision away from a better version of you. Just have to make those decisions
  • OnTheRoad24
    OnTheRoad24 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My experience with MFP is about the same as you... two steps forward, three steps back. I've been on and off MFP several times with success, only to gain the weight back.

My goal is 60 more lbs; I lost 22 lbs from 1 April - 30 June, then got distracted. I've managed to maintain up until October, when, again, I started putting weight back on, so here I am...

I'm up front and pretty open, looking for supportive friends that don't judge but will also call me out when I need it, and aren't afraid to open up with their experiences... add me if you'd like.
  • Cali_girl43
    Cali_girl43 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I will be 43 in a few months 😬
    Now that the rush of holidays are over, I feel I can now focus on me. I started out at 200lbs. Lost 50lbs and now Just stuck and cant seem to move the scale. Let motivate each other !!!
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I started my journey at over 400 lbs.
    Now I've lost over 100 and ready to finish what I started.
    I feel I have come too far to stop now.
    I have to see this weight loss through!
    Will be 40 next year 😬
  • aCountryVegan
    aCountryVegan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Started at 54 years old, 6 feet tall at 305 pounds with a 48 inch waist line. Two years ago I was down to 178 pounds, 32" waist via MFP tracking and running 20+ miles a week. With Covid and a double hernia operation I allowed myself to drift back up to 210 with a 38 waist before I had to say STOP.

August of this year I went back to running and tracking every last dammed thing I put into my stomach, no matter how small as this is the only way it is going to work for me. It allows me to not only make sure I do not overeat, it also helps me to ensure that I am eating enough with the running I am doing, as it is very easy when working out 5 days a week to undereat and cause other issues.

5 months later and I am back down to a 34" waist at 182 pounds and have plans to be my goal weight by spring of 165 pounds. It seems the big motivator for me is watching the calories add up in MFP. One of the great things about walking/running is the more you do, the more you can eat. On long run day, I can easily consume 3000 calories in one day and still lose weight. It can actually be difficult to eat that many healthy calories in one day, very easy to junk out if you are not careful. With my Garmin watch and MFP I can adjust my intake to maintain weight when a race is coming up, or lose weight when I have no races in the immediate future.

So this will be the last time I will Yo-yo my weight. I am now 64 and this does not get any easier as you get older. :) It can be done, but make the resolution that this will be the last time you allow yourself to do it and if you have to stay on MFP the rest of your life, thats better than dying of a stroke or heart attack. You can do this!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,895 Member
    Options
    I do hope you find success this time. Cheers
  • msluckey1
    msluckey1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Dr suggested this, he has been so successful in losing weight! He's 36 and been overweight his whole life. I've been thin all my life. Been gradually putting on lbs for 25 yrs, depression is an issue. Have good docs, time to use them!
    I'm currently 70 years old and weigh 240 lbs. Time to get serious!
    Having SO MUCH trouble starting! HELP!
  • judithaline
    judithaline Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, don't know what 88 kilos is in lbs but its all in my stomach and I feel awful. Last time I tracked food was October 2020 so it's been a while. Tracking everything that I eat (or drink!) makes me actually think about it!! I'm in Australia and happy to have friends if you want to add me!
  • judithaline
    judithaline Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me again - 88 kilos is 194.01 lbs and I'm 69 and 5'8" :)