VSG gastric sleeve surgery

Options
Looking for others that have had VSG for support and friendship, encouragement

Replies

• aysheawillis1
    aysheawillis1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am 18 months post sleeve. So far I have lost over 7 st and the weight loss is getting harder now, hence joining this app. I gave another 4 st to loose, hopefully within the next 12 months.
  • sheilagaudet7328
    Options
    I just had it Monday (12/19)
  • Eemma2018
    Eemma2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am scheduled for mine January 11th. I am really nervous about anesthesia and pain.
  • Eemma2018
    Eemma2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sheilagaudet7328 what is the after pain like? How did everything go?
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am 2 months shy of being 8 years post op! WOW I cant even believe its been that long.
    Still not at my goal weight but working on it everyday. I have been able to lose and maintain a 100lb loss though. Working on losing 45 more.
    You can friend request me if you'd like. :smile:
  • dleousis76
    dleousis76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 46 mom of 3 girls. I had VSG with hiatal hernia repair in July 2022, and I've lost about 75 lbs so far. I have about 15-25 lbs to go before I reach my surgeon's weight goal. I feel better than I have in a LONG time. I've been able to go off of my blood pressure and GERD medications, and I can finally shop in the normal size section. Most importantly, though, I took the step to add years to my life! The pain was not so bad - comparable to a c-section for me - and I healed rather quickly. The only issue I had to work with was the chewing food slowly and completely before swallowing as I've noticed that some foods were harder to get down than others. That was related more to the hernia repair than the VSG itself. I will say that this was the best decision I could have made for myself - I can still eat *naughty* things here and there, which keeps me from wanting to binge later on. But overall I make healthier choices and I have started working with a personal trainer once per week. I wish all of you the best!