Some things I've found helpful

Options
I'm not new to MFP but I'm new to friends and the message board.

I've found a way to record what medicines and supplements I take using myfitnesspal. Just add your supplements under "my foods" and create a catagory for "Supplements" in your diary. No more wondering "did I take it today or not?" Although I still have to be sure that the minute I swallow the supplement or med that I note it in myfitnesspal or I'll still forget whether I took it or just thought about taking it.

My diary on myfitness pal is split into sections of:

Breakfast:
Lunch:
Early Evening:
Late Evening/Stop by 8 to 9pm:
Supplements:

I find though that tracking my water is easier using an iPhone app I found called "Hydrate". It's customizable for the amount of water you need and how you drink it/what size glass. Everytime I finish drinking a 16oz glass of water I just open the app and press the image of the glass. No more wondering if I actually drank 2 or 3 glasses of water so far today and such.

:smile:

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I do something similar with a category called "Other". I use it to track my multi-vitamin every day but also to track things like cough drops when I have a cold. It's basically for anything which is not food but which has either a caloric value or impacts my vitamin and mineral intake for the day.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    awesome idea!!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about hydrate. I just downloaded for my droid. It is nice not to have to do the calculations yourself!
  • chaoticlove
    chaoticlove Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just dowloaded Hydrate too. Thanks for the tip!
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You are very welcome! Calling a category "other" makes sense too.