5k or challenge myself with the 10k??

Options
I'm about to register for the Turkey Trot for Thanksgiving morning in Detroit and I can't decided if I want to do the 5 or 10k. The 5k is called the "Stuffing Strut" and that's what made me want to do the 10k "Turkey Trot" even more. I just don't want to set myself up to fail. Honestly, I'm mostly just afraid.

Replies

• jcataldi14
    Options
    I am planning to do the 5k, just becuase I know it would be alot harder to run in the cold that it usually is!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
  • kerryannk
    Options
    I am planning to do the 5k, just becuase I know it would be alot harder to run in the cold that it usually is!

I was thinking the same thing. But I think I'm gonna go for the 10k! Just have to prepare myself, for the elements and the workout.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Do the 10k!!!!! Challenge yourself! It won't do no harm if ya have to walk some, plus its 2 months away so you have plenty of time train up to running 6.2 miles if you are already comfortable doing 5ks. Best of Luck!!!! :smile:
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It sounds more intimidating than it really is... it's only 6 miles. No big deal, go for it!
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    Have you run at all before? Where are you at in your training?
  • kerryannk
    Options
    Have you run at all before? Where are you at in your training?

Yes, I started running in March with the Couch to 5k. Ran my first 5k in June and did the Warrior Dash (5k + 12 obstacles) in July.

I recently moved and have fallen off my fitness wagon and needed something to jump start me back up. I love the way running makes me feel (and makes my lower half look!) and decided to do Thanksgiving Day run. My best friend will be joining me for the run and is training for a Tough Mudder in April so I figured the 10k will be a good challenge for myself and a great way for her to keep her training going.

I have decided to go for the 10k! I'm going to start my program first thing in the morning!!
  • kerryannk
    Options
    By the way, I love y'all. Seriously, it's amazing how great it is to have you all provide such positive feedback :)
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    DO IT! DO the 10k! :)