HRM Help

Options
I'm looking to get a HRM but can't decide which one. I can get a polar one through an active website that I've earned credit with but it will use up almost all that I have earned. But if they are good than I'd be willing to do that. (and since it's kind of free than spending the money is easier, except I can also get it in actual cash and that's never a bad thing either) I have seen many post that they are the selected choice, however, if I can get one that is cheaper and works just as good than I'm okay with that. They offer the polar FT7, FT40 and FT60 (do offer the FT80 but from what I could see on Amazon there was to many bad reviews, plus I don't have enough credits for that anyways). The plus to getting a polar watch would be that I can also get a flow adapter to download the info onto the website and get even more credit points. Hopefully the company will still be using the website next year and I will be able to continue earn credits. Nothing like a little incentive to stay healthy. I've checked with Amazon and they do tend to be slightly cheaper but I can't find if they come with the chest strap and heart rate transmitter, none of them say. So if they are sold seperate and after the price of shipping the better deal is with the other website. If any one can help I'd appreciate it.

I'm really more interested in the FT40 or FT60 but not sure if I really do need one that advanced, or if I'm just thinking bigger is better thought. I do want one that will assist me in living an active lifestyle and not just for weight loss. The FT60 does also have an attachment for cycling/ running for your bike/ stroller. Unless it also does work with the others but only shows up once I pick the FT60.

Replies

• aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a FT7 and absolutely love it. It does all that I need it to do.
  • Maple669
    Options
    I bought one similar to this:
    http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Timex-Ironman-Heart-Rate-Monitor/5810462/product.html

The Timex Ironman Heart Rate Monitor...works pretty well
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    I have a Garmin 405. I love it. I got it on Amazon for $150. Normally they're 300.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I have Polar FT4---perfect! Not too many bells and whistles for me, gives me what I need, calorie burn and heart rate! thats all I need.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have a FT7 and absolutely love it. It does all that I need it to do.

This :smile:
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 Pearl (sold at Target - stores and online). I paid $60 for it on sale. And I LOVE IT!! It does have a chest strap which I was worried about initially . . it fits well and you hardly even notice it. It also counts calories which was important for me. It works like a charm - I even use it in the swimming pool and so far, no problems. :smile: