Beginner's 25 Mile Challenge 9.19-9.25 Open Group

Options
Ahoy all ye mateys! So ye be wantin' to run with us this week? Maybe ye be thinkin' to swim in the waters, o' row them oars? Maybe ye be thinkin' to count those miles as you drunkenly swagger down the dockside?
However ye be wantin' to plunder those miles, come and join my scurvy crew in our 25 mile challenge for the week o' September 19th to September 25th!
Muster will be every morn, round 'bout 8, so make sure ye be reporting them miles by then if ye be wantin' on the roll.
Just so ye be knowin', that be 22,000 fathoms we be aimin' for this week.
Happy travels to all my hearties!
-PlunderBunneh

What, you've never heard of Talk Like A Pirate Day? I like to think of it as Type Like A Pirate Day too ;)

Replies

• lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Love the pirate bunny profile pic :laugh:

Can I give the pirate talk a miss and jump Captain Jack instead? :wink:

Oh, and you can count me in for 25, of course!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    4 miles down - 21 to go

th_treadmill.gif
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have to take a break this week. Hurt my knee yesterday so i can't push my to much this week. (mostly going to run inside on my elliptical i think.) :( the good news is my knee is feeling better already!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    I have to take a break this week. Hurt my knee yesterday so i can't push my to much this week. (mostly going to run inside on my elliptical i think.) :( the good news is my knee is feeling better already!

Take it easy - I've done more harm in the past by not resting enough and trying to work through it. You'd think I would have learned a little patience and common sense by my age, wouldn't you?! :ohwell:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Looks like it might just be you and me Lazyspice! That's okay, but I get the feeling you are gonna kick my butt this week! My little ones are too sick for preschool and daycare, which means no gym time for me :(
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Awww that's a shame, you were doing so well - fingers crossed they're fighting fit again soon. I bet you burn off a lot of calories running around taking care of them though!

I've just realised how similar our SW and CW's are!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    2.2 miles today.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    2.3 miles for Wednesday
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options
    The kids were finally healthy enough to drop off at daycare and preschool (Okay, they were still snotty and coughing, but I needed a break like no one's business) so I went to the gym yesterday. Fighting the cold myself made it much harder to stick to my normal routine, but I managed to squeeze in 1.3 miles on the elliptical, 3.3 on the bike, and .8 walking around the track in between. So that totals to 5.5 for the day, not too bad but nothing close to what I was hoping for. Today's my daughter's birthday, but I'm going to run on the treadmill after she goes to bed, and I've got time for the gym in the morning.
    Our SW and CW really are just about the same, aren't they? I'm not sure what my highest weight was, but I know during the last month of pregnancy with my last I weighed in at 270 : \ Oh well, in the past now. I know I was about 165 in highschool, but could never get below that 160 line. But I've never exercised on a regular basis before, so I've got this.
  • J5diecast
    Options
    You girls are doing wonderful! I just joined and definitely want in on your next challenge, but will be cheering you both on for this one!

Lisa B.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Hello Lisa *waves* there are usually a few more of us but one more would be lovely! We started off on 15 miles a few weeks ago and are slowly building up what we can do.

@PL Cabin fever has kicked in then! Can't blame you for escaping to the gym the first chance you got and considering you're not 100% yourself you did really well!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    2.9 miles today
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options
    didly squat yesterday, but 7.3 today. Hurray! Still not feeling 100% at the gym, but getting better.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    I'm going to have to up my game, you're not 100% and you're still beating me! Good to hear you're on the mend :flowerforyou:

4.7 miles today - 8.9 to go
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options
    Haha, I'd be dying if I actually had to run all of these. I love to bike, and today just brought a magazine and plopped my butt down. Even while I kept it at a pretty vigorous level, and stayed above 16 mph, it was still easy to knock out 5 miles. Honestly, that's why I upped the miles, I almost feel like counting them is cheating ;)
    I have a birthday party tomorrow, and thanks to a surprise migraine earlier I have a whole bunch to get done, so I won't be getting in any miles. My only hope is to go to the gym on Sunday, I hope I can get there.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    I had a bike years ago, used to sit in front of the TV and pedal my way through a film :wink:

3.4 miles today - that's 5.5 to do tomorrow which might be pushing it a bit, I've got a feeling I might not make target this week but I'll fit in what I can.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    6 miles - I did it with half a mile to spare :happy:
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I'm so proud of you :)
    I meant to get in the rest of my miles on the bike this morning, but I had a passionate love affair with the elliptical trainer instead. I'm so close!!
    Right now my total is 23.8 miles for this week. This will not do, I'm going finish up the last 1.2 miles on the treadmill after dinner today. I'll update afterwards!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Thank you, I must admit I'm quite chuffed with myself as that was a lot to get done on the last day for me! I had to do the same as you, the last mile was late evening lol

Did you make your target in the end? Are we going for 25 again this week or upping it to 30? I've signed up for a new year challenge but I do like our weekly one to keep me on track - I wouldn't be ready for a longer one if we hadn't been going a few weeks :wink:
  • PlunderBunneh
    Options
    I'm thinking 25 miles again this week. I've got 3 days to get to the gym so this shouldn't be too hard.
    I crashed hard last night, ended up going to bed right after the Steeler's game ended. So no 25 for me last week, but close.
    I will post a new topic here in just a minute :)