Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge - Term 43 - 8-Week Challenge (January 13 - March 12)

Options
Neon_Vampire
Neon_Vampire Posts: 7,198 Member
Hello, everyone. We’d like to invite you to join term 43 of the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge. Here is the information as well as the application below!

Term 43 will be a 8-week term based on Goblet of Fire. The term will run from Friday, January 13th (with full activities beginning on the Monday afterwards) through Sunday, March 12th. Students will also have a few days into the term to submit their starting weigh-in.

Owls with the acceptance or wait list notification should go out on Monday, January 9th and Tuesday, January 10th.

*** If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, January 12th or respond to the prefect who contacted you, then your spot will be given to someone else. ***

nfjqo95tw2pg.png

Feel free to contact a member of the staff with any questions. You may also contact @Maalea or @Neon_Vampire (Hogwarts’ Headmistresses) to confirm that your application was received.

We hope to see many of you join us for Term 43. :)

Sincerely,
Maalea and Neon_Vampire
(Headmistresses)

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,291 Member
    Options
    Paula, OKAY!!! I put in my application just now. I want to be on the same team with you, Shelley, Karen and Kathy (if she plays with us). Can you make sure that happens with Neon_Vampire? I don't want to be alone. :'(
    Chris
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,291 Member
    Options
    I did a 60 min workout w/my trainer this afternoon. It is still very cold and foggy around here...I MISS SUMMER!!!!!
    Chris
  • HigginsTheBrave
    HigginsTheBrave Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This looks absolutely amazing. I hope I can join in January!

I am 35, I had a baby two years ago and have not lost the weight. I have several injuries that have made it more challenging. But I am finally physical therapy and am ready to take the plunge. IRL I am a geologist (mineralogy is a lot like potions - honestly!), and I am 100% Ravenclaw, but I love and support all houses!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    This looks absolutely amazing. I hope I can join in January!

I am 35, I had a baby two years ago and have not lost the weight. I have several injuries that have made it more challenging. But I am finally physical therapy and am ready to take the plunge. IRL I am a geologist (mineralogy is a lot like potions - honestly!), and I am 100% Ravenclaw, but I love and support all houses!

Hi Higgins!

It's so exciting to see a geologist here! I collect/adore rocks (esp. crystals) and would love to gush about it with another fan if you are into that. Totally magic!!! <3

Did you fill out the application link above? It's early so you'd probably get in. This is a great challenge!!!

Welcome!
    Ghostie
  • filmgal30
    filmgal30 Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    If you love Harry Potter and need some “healthy” encouragement to work on your fitness/nutrition, etc goals this is the challenge for you!
  • pamlorbieski
    pamlorbieski Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Crossing my fingers I get an owl :) I am such a HP nerd, it should be a crime.
  • Kisame29
    Kisame29 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    It has been some time, but I have submitted my application :) Hopefully see everyone once again Hogwarts!

Back to witches and wizards and magical beasts, to goblins and ghosts and to magical feasts, it's all that I love and it's all that I need, at Hogwarts, Hogwarts!
  • jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I’ve been away from Hogwarts for quite some time, but I’m hopeful I will be accepted to return!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,136 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the term, and to all new students and veterans! :)
  • josishad6
    josishad6 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love this so much and I’m up to the challenge, but I’m staying off the scale this month for the sake of my sanity. May I still join? If so, I’ll submit my application pronto. (If the answer is no, no worries.) Brilliant idea for a challenge, though—kudos to whoever came up with it.
  • Maalea
    Options
    josishad6 wrote: »
    I love this so much and I’m up to the challenge, but I’m staying off the scale this month for the sake of my sanity. May I still join? If so, I’ll submit my application pronto. (If the answer is no, no worries.) Brilliant idea for a challenge, though—kudos to whoever came up with it.

Generally students are supposed to have a weekly weigh-in in the Hospital Wing, but if you contact a staff member and send an excuse before the deadline, this is okay. Especially if it is only in January and not the entire term. So feel free to send your application!
  • josishad6
    josishad6 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Maalea wrote: »

Generally students are supposed to have a weekly weigh-in in the Hospital Wing, but if you contact a staff member and send an excuse before the deadline, this is okay. Especially if it is only in January and not the entire term. So feel free to send your application!

Thank you! I gave it some more thought and have decided to play by the rules and weigh myself weekly, as required (and not create more work for staff members). I do appreciate your flexibility!
  • Maalea
    Options
    Okay! You will see how it works out. :D
  • Neon_Vampire
    Neon_Vampire Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Term 43 will be starting soon, there's still plenty of time to apply if you'd like to join us! :)
  • Kisame29
    Kisame29 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited for the term to start!! I'm hoping 2023 will be my year for getting back in shape and healthy again :)
  • megmo20007
    megmo20007 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    so fun! I applied today. Hoping there are some spots left. Thanks!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Look, OWLS!
  • pamlorbieski
    pamlorbieski Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    Look, OWLS!

Searching the skies hoping I see one....
  • Impishme909
    Impishme909 Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Maalea wrote: »

Thank you! I gave it some more thought and have decided to play by the rules and weigh myself weekly, as required (and not create more work for staff members). I do appreciate your flexibility!

I expect you'll have a great term! And, it is a challenge, so I expect you'll see those numbers go the way you want them to. Welcome!
  • Mildredose
    Mildredose Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have not receive any invite?