suspenders for my polar ft7?

Options
just got the ft7 and dig it, except for the fact that it slips fairly frequently causing me to have to "check position of strap" or some such. i tried tightening the bejeezus out of it, but the massive exertion i put into working out (tongue in cheek) seems to make the holder dealie on the strap adjustment slip back to the looser region. pretty sure this affects the accuracy of final readings, and also somewhat inhibits the amount of effort i put into doing whatever i'm doing cuz i'm semi-subconsciously trying to keep the effer in place. any suggestions?

ps, i dont wear a sportsbra to tuck it under cuz my wife would make fun of me

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    duct tape
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    crazy glue?
  • hometoast
    Options
    Tie a strap with a shoe lace. Either ilke a halter around the back of you neck or over like.. well, like bra straps.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Can you sew it onto itself so that it cannot loosen?
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    safety pin the strap right under where you want it to stay?
  • iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    couple sixteen penny nails would likely work, too, i suppose... or roofing staples...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    just got the ft7 and dig it, except for the fact that it slips fairly frequently causing me to have to "check position of strap" or some such. i tried tightening the bejeezus out of it, but the massive exertion i put into working out (tongue in cheek) seems to make the holder dealie on the strap adjustment slip back to the looser region. pretty sure this affects the accuracy of final readings, and also somewhat inhibits the amount of effort i put into doing whatever i'm doing cuz i'm semi-subconsciously trying to keep the effer in place. any suggestions?

contact polar, I have an issue with their newer strap model too (the last gen was awesome), and they should be able to either give you a couple of tips or provide you with a last gen that will work with your watch.
  • ilike2run
    ilike2run Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    how about a piece of sew on velcro that will force the strap to stay tighter--?? I did that with my i-pod strap and it worked great. Good luck!!
  • westielover1
    westielover1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ive had my polar watch for two years and its never gone out of place.
    tighten the strap and put it higher up it shouldnt slip. it needs to be underneath your bra for sure.
    and i love mine
  • iamlegion714
    Options

contact polar, I have an issue with their newer strap model too (the last gen was awesome), and they should be able to either give you a couple of tips or provide you with a last gen that will work with your watch.

good call! how old is the previous gen? like, when did the new gen come out, so i have a frame of reference? thanks!
  • iamlegion714
    Options
    Ive had my polar watch for two years and its never gone out of place.
    tighten the strap and put it higher up it shouldnt slip. it needs to be underneath your bra for sure.
    and i love mine

ok, but when my wife catches me in her bra, im sending her after you:wink:
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Have the same problem but with the FT4, I read that some have sewn stitches in the strap to keep it from moving.
  • iamlegion714
    Options
    how about a piece of sew on velcro that will force the strap to stay tighter--?? I did that with my i-pod strap and it worked great. Good luck!!

thx!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

good call! how old is the previous gen? like, when did the new gen come out, so i have a frame of reference? thanks!

Man, I had my last one for 4 years, just got this one a few months ago. I was gutted when I accidentally water logged my last one. Hadn't thought of the velcro, I have some at home and may need to try that, I was also thinking about just sticking it with a safety pin.

However, if you go the route of the sports bra, just remember it's not a "bra" it's a "Bro."
  • iamlegion714
    Options

Man, I had my last one for 4 years, just got this one a few months ago. I was gutted when I accidentally water logged my last one. Hadn't thought of the velcro, I have some at home and may need to try that, I was also thinking about just sticking it with a safety pin.

However, if you go the route of the sports bra, just remember it's not a "bra" it's a "Bro."

:laugh: