JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    @Bex --- YES!! I'll join in on the challenge!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Our internet service has been down all day and still is. I was waiting for it to be restored so I could use my laptop to post but the day is gone.

I did meet my major goals today, so I’ll take it as a win and hopefully I can get on here tomorrow!
  • PackerFanInGB
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Goals for 1/3:
    - Log all food and water ✅
    - Yoga ✅
    - Crochet ✅
    - Apply for one new job ✅
    - Change sheets ❌ - totally forgot!

Daily gratitude: warm temperatures, all those green check marks above, my lunch was a total experiment but turned out really tasty, and the fact that I was out driving today and not one but TWO people let me in front of them in traffic so I could get to the correct lane. Lots to be grateful for today 😊

Goals for 1/4
    - Log all food and water
    - Yoga
    - Crochet
    - Change sheets
    - Order brother’s birthday present
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    JFT - Tues Jan 3rd
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Drink 2L water - 1L
    Visit JFT - 🙂

JFT - Wed Jan 4th
    Log all Food
    Drink 2L water
    Visit JFT

@Bex953172 - I can’t believe it’s a 6 year wait. Mental health needs to be given much more importance.

I’ll join the 5lb challenge with you.

Have you tried making it a rule no food in bed? I have always had that rule so it’s easy for me, but maybe it will help.

Much more I should comment on but I’m very sleepy.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited January 2023
    🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳
    🐳🐬January 2023 🐬🐳
    🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳

• December was rather a trial for me. However, although I had a bad bout of Covid, I managed to stay on point,
    • I am continuing with my present routine in January.
    Focus for January:
    • Recovery time. Avoid added sugar
    • work on strength and flex
    • Adhere to Daily Solid Habits
    Avoid sugar!
    💚💚💚💚
    Strength/flex:
    🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️
    Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

🦄 Terri

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    @cgottschlich Thanks for the advice on the sleep eating haha
    I might give it a go cold turkey or allow myself the one (preprepared) snack.

Need to start getting to sleep earlier too!
    My sleep routine is out of whack and so are the kids and they've got school next Monday, so need to get us all out of it!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,293 Member

JFT Tuesday:
    - Weigh in :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:15, but who's counting
    - Morning meetings :smiley:
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
    - Eat small meals/snacks every 2.5 - 3.0 hours :smiley:
    - Leave work by 4:45 :smiley:
    - Go to spin class at 6:00 :(
    - Home by 7:30 :smiley:
    - Start taking down Christmas stuff (Outdoors is down, inside is not) :(
    - Lean & green dinner (3 servings of veggies one serving of protein - low on carbs) :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

Bex I'm in for the 5lb January challenge...
    Jan 3: 160.8
    Jan 4: 159.2

Yesterday was a good day, did the mini meals, got my water in, exercised and had a healthy dinner. It wasn't exactly as I planned because I forgot about Bible Study, but that just meant I traded spin class for the Peleton. Not my favorite, but for as much as it costs I should use it more. That is the plan for the year.

Had to come into work early today to inspect a truck before it can be put into circulation for deliveries. I'm not usually even awake by 6:30 let alone at work, but you do what you must. Actually, I was supposed to have the day off for a doctor's appointment. The appointment isn't until the afternoon, but I was going to sleep in. So much for that. I may still leave work early and take a nap. Boy I love naps. The plan is to leave before noon, exercise, shower, nap, doctor, home then trivia tonight.

Now that I've tightened up my diet, I won't be drinking at trivia. It's just as fun sober, just cheaper and easier on the calories.

JFT Wednesday
    - Up by 5:30 :(
    - Shower :(
    - Weigh in :smiley:
    - Work by 6:30 :smiley:
    - Inspect truck
    - Morning meetings
    - mini meals
    - Take half day
    - Ride Peleton
    - Shower
    - Nap
    - Doctor
    - Trivia
    - Home by 10:00
    - Bed by 11:00
  • Bex953172
    edited January 2023
    JFT - Tues Jan 3rd
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Drink 2L water - 1L
    Visit JFT - 🙂

JFT - Wed Jan 4th
    Log all Food
    Drink 2L water
    Visit JFT

@Bex953172 - I can’t believe it’s a 6 year wait. Mental health needs to be given much more importance.

I’ll join the 5lb challenge with you.

Have you tried making it a rule no food in bed? I have always had that rule so it’s easy for me, but maybe it will help.

Much more I should comment on but I’m very sleepy.

My partner always eats in bed at night. Think that's what makes it harder too. Definitely makes me feel more hungry seeing him with food but that's my problem not his. He would be supportive of me though but I wouldn't ask him to stop eating snacks.
    It's only ever things like chocolate, or crisps or nuts and seeds but last night he made us both some beans and toast and that was nice. We were both still a bit hungry after tea as we only had half a pizza each. And even up to that point I was still within calories. It's just the night time snacks.
    I think my only way around it is to stop eating at night altogether. Or exercise at some point in the day to give myself the extra calories and then have my own set of healthy snacks.

I'm probably struggling at the minute aswell because we've not done a full food shop, just bought bits here and there to see us through the next few days before were paid again so we've not exactly bought healthy stuff. So I guess there's not many options I can choose from!

I might do better when I've been able to buy my own snacks rather than ones to share

And yeah the 6 year wait is ridiculous. They do say you can get a quicker diagnosis if you go private. But you have to be able to afford to go private. Which I cannot. Unless maybe I saw how much it was. If it's reasonable price I might save up and do it because 6 years is a loooong time to wait but if I save up I could probably get one within a year. But I assume it's with the increase of alot of people around my age realising they were misdiagnosed or just went completely under the radar as kids because not many people understood as much as they do now, especially in females too. And then because people are more informed nowadays they're noticing it in kids more so people are just pushing for diagnoses left right and centre.
    If anything, I just hope Marley doesn't have to wait that long but I think with kids they push it through quicker. I hate seeing how she struggles from day to day. And I can't tell her why she's struggling or her sisters why because I don't want to tell her I think she has ADHD without knowing for sure. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. Shes just different. In a lovely way, but different x
  • Bex953172
    ^^^^ woops sorry that was a longer post than I intended 🤣
  • PackerFanInGB
    Our internet service has been down all day and
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB : Great job ... -1.2!!! WOO HOO!!! You are off to a great start!!
    Did you do the Corrine workshop? I listened to her podcast while walking today.. about how we "say" our goals.. setting realistic goals, with time tables, etc. I would love to do one of her workshops, but going to give WW a try since that did work for me before. This time I am not doing the workshops though.. doing online only, but it gives me a guideline of what to eat, and hoping to at least kickstart myself.
    We are all going to do great this year!! So happy you are joining again!!
    @more_freggies76 -- I must have missed your post about having covid! I hope you are doing better!

Yes, I did do her workshop! I actually joined No BS over a year ago. It has helped me a lot with my thought-work. It's expensive but I decided that the monthly fee was less than I would pay if I were going to see a therapist to work through the crap that I've been emotional-eating over. I think we are going to do it this year too, Joan! I'm happy to be starting another new year here with this awesome thread! :blush:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Good morning! Internet is back on, so happy happy me! It was a bit humbling yesterday to realize how much I rely on it.

It's rather rainy and gloomy outside, so I'm thinking about stepping out of my comfort zone and actually using my gym membership. I've challenged myself to go to the gym at least once each week this month, even if I only spend 15 minutes on a treadmill. I really want to get past the anxiety of just walking through the door. I keep telling myself nobody cares or will pay any attention to how out of shape I am...I mean, everyone starts somewhere, right? But I just have such anxiety about not knowing wth I am doing. I think I would love it if I could just get over the self-conscious piece of walking through the door...

@Bex953172 I am in on January's 5 lb challenge!
    SW: 1/1/2023 = 182.8 lbs
    GW 1/31/2023 = 177.8 lbs
    Ultimate GW = 140 lbs

@Snowflake1968 Happy you're here! How old are your granddaughters now? They must be getting big! Are you still doing craft shows?

@Bex953172 I hope you can get in sooner than 6 years. That's a hella long wait......

@mytime6630 I hope your back feels better soon! I had to stop working on a quilt top because my back got sore squaring up the blocks. I like using flannel on the back of quilts too. So soft! Do you prewash the flannel before sandwiching your quilt? Curious...

@emgracewrites Your photo at the botanical garden looks so serene. I'll bet it was a lovely walk. What area of the country do you live in? It doesn't look like you have snow, but it doesn't look like Florida warm either...

JFT 1/4/2023, Wednesday
    1. Write 24H plan & assess yesterday's
    2. 64 oz water
    3. Close activity rings.
    4. Podcast (pick 2): Half Size Me, No BS (or) Losing 100 Pounds with Corinne, Joyce Meyer, Therapy & Theology, The Exam Room
    5. Body Groove Day 2 of YCDI (play catch-up on videos by Misty)
    6. Wash dishes & clear countertops, set up coffeemaker for a.m., and close kitchen by 8pm.
    7. Put workout clothes on and drive to gym. Reward myself with massage chair and maybe tan to get some "sunlight" if I spend at least 15 min on treadmill?
    8. Spend at least 30 minutes in sewing room. Pick a project: Finish quilting Terry's quilt. Finishing squaring Amelia's blocks and begin sewing columns. Finish MSQC quilt. More blocks on my mini charm block quilt. Bathroom wall-hanging. Table runner? Declutter and/or de-stash fabric.
    9. Take beginning-of-month measurements and update. Update Habit Tracker.

This week:
    1. Pay bills and look at budget. Cancel subscriptions to services we don't use or watch.
    2. Make appts: Brittany. Dermatology. Dr. S. CPAP guy.
    3. Get info for new insurance dental/medical cards
    4. Send email to April C with update about Brittany
    5. Make veggie & bean minestrone soup and freeze individual servings
    6. Make cream of potato soup and store in individual servings
    7. Prep veggies/salad bar in fridge

This month:
    1. Begin collecting tax documents
    2. Checkbook balancing

January 2023 WOTM: Balance In January, I will reflect on ways to bring more balance to my life physically, mentally, and spiritually. I will establish boundaries which will bring a sense of peace and balance to my life.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,550 Member
    JFT for 1/4/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 1/3)
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the Mexican sweet breads.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 12/28)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 1/5 (last 1/2)
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/31). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 1/3) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.
    11) Tamale ok today
    12) No croissants today
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

***Starting again, but slowly

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 252 Member
    This is a great thread and I'm happy to join. I'm 76 years old. Lost a lot of weight years ago with calorie counting but put it all back on plus and additional 40 pounds. Was bedbound with back pain. Almost had a heart attack, but had cardiac stents were put in. Started on a whole food diet and following IF 21 months ago. Weight down by 60 pounds and health completely restored. Able to walk, get up and down off the floor, have tons of energy. I plan on losing 40 pounds more but am content to go slowly. It's my good health I'm after and I have that now.

It's 1 o'clock and I've already prepared my big salad for later with avocado, a hard-boiled egg, tomato, cheese, bell pepper, celery and carrots. I'll shred the lettuce greens right before I'm ready to eat and mix everything in together with a Tbsp of my homemade salad dressing. A few hours later I'll have my hot meal: 4 oz Pork Tenderloin, steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes. Sparkling water (Selzer) to drink. Decaf unsweetened tea before bedtime.

My word for 2023 is ACCOUNTABILITY. I plan to calorie count on MFP (haven't been doing that) and weigh frequently (that works for me).
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,467 Member
    edited January 2023
    Yesterday I never made time to post. Without my JFT goals, maybe that's why I overindulged on peanut M&Ms plus snacked on chips & dip with hubby. Oops. Very disappointed in myself, because I know better. @Bex953172 I'm in for the January challenge!

@BarbMessimer Welcome to JFT! Wonderful group of new and old online friends for support and accountability.

@snowflake1968 I feel ya! Every time someone I knew retired while I was working, I was happy for them, but wallowing for myself. Still in my 50s, I developed a timeline of possible scenarios, with potential retirement dates. When I reached the age of Medicare (federal health insurance in the US, a person is eligible the month they turn 65), hubby and I were in a good place financially where I could retire. Hubby still has separate health insurance (not quite old enough for Medicare). Helped that both of us have worked our whole lives and are savers.

JFT 1/4 W
    1) Move hourly
    2) Treadmill ~ try for 3 miles
    3) Not sure of meals, lots of leftovers yet / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    4) Wash dishes / clear some papers / digital declutter / research recyclable plastics / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

Weather this week has been crappy. While past several days' temps in 30s above freezing aren't so bad, the precip has been rain instead of snow. I'm a lifelong northern girl, and I'd rather have snow. We've had gloomy, cloudy days on end, and today it's just a constant drizzle. At least earlier this week I was able to get outside for long dog walks.

5# Challenge ~ according to my "official" Sat. weigh-ins:
    Dec. 31 = 177

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    • walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • register for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ I had to cancel in 2022 due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised)
    • register for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019 & not as large of turnout, still 4,000+ participants
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 252 Member
    Thank you for the welcome
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2023
    @BarbMessimer: Welcome! And.. congratulations on your weight loss so far, and regaining your health!
    It is amazing how much our health is affected. Happy to have you join us!
    @cschmitz110515 - boy, do I understand the peanut M&MS. Those are my favorite kind of candy.. and its impossible to stop at just a few!
    @PackerFanInGB: .. YES, go and join that gym if you have a membership!I know I was the same way.. the first time walking in a gym I thought everyone would be in such great shape.. and watching what I did. I had anxiety also. But That is not the case. So many others are the same way... like you said.. there is always a first for everyone! No one is watching what you do, or how long.
    I now love going to the gym.. but also realize I need to step it up a little. Once you are there (which is the hardest part), you may find you end up staying more than 10 minutes or so. I have not been there all week though because of my back.. but hope to get back maybe next week.. giving myself a couple more days.
    Oh .. and yes! Be sure and prewash flannel! I love using it on quilt back .. the one I am making now that is what I plan to do. Makes them so soft. But the flannel will shrink at least 1-2" all around!
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2023
    Last nite I could not sleep. Partially because my back was really hurting; partially because I ate too much again... finished up the crab rangoon and egg roll that was left. Finished up a bag of chips .. because they can't go to waste! Why do I feel I need to do this .... would have been better throwing it in the trash.
    Today I had to call and set up my appt for my colonoscopy. I had one 3 years ago.. and they did not find any polyps, so this time, I got to wait 3 years. Since I have been 55 .. I've always had polyps, and many times, had to get a colonoscopy every year. (I have a LOT of cancer in my family)
    3 years ago.. I was at my goal weight. I looked at my chart from then.. and with all my clothes on, I weighed 180 pounds (keep in mind I am close to 6' tall.. so my goal weight to be in healthy range is 178). Now, with no clothes on, I weigh close to 207.
    And is it coincidence that the year I lost all that weight .. I had no polyps? Makes me wonder.
    3 years ago I never had any back pain, or knee pain. I had so much more energy than I do now.
    3 years ago my bloodwork was always good .. now I am prediabetic.
    I hurt myself about 3 weeks ago just because .. I don't know how ..but my legs were aching all the time. I had to slow down on the treadmill because my knee hurt. Then again this week.. putting away xmas stuff.. I hurt my back.
    3 years ago.. I belonged to a gym that had great equipment. I did a lot of strength training, and back exercises (because when I was in my 40s, I was in bed for a month with severe back pain and spasms from hurting my back.) I never wanted that again, so I always did exercises to strengthen my back.
    But during covid, the gym I loved closed. SO I joined another gym.. but it is really just our community center. They don't have the equipment this gym has. .but they do have cardio equipment and a few other machines. But ... I have to admit... it is more for socializing. Hubby teases me that I really don't work out.
    SO last nite.. when I could not sleep, I thought about all these things. Ladies... as you get older, you have to do strength training, or you can hurt yourself by just doing simple things.. .I am an example of that.
    Carrying around 30 extra pounds makes me more tired (Think of carrying a bag of fertilizer or dirt that weighs 30 pounds.. its hard to even lift). Having 30 extra pounds makes me feel old. I will be 72 .. I don't want to feel old. 30 extra pounds makes me have less energy. Makes me not want to go places ... because I don't fit in my clothes like I did 3 years ago.
    SO I am typing this so I remember all my whys. Not just to look nicer.. but for health reasons. To feel better. To get back to strength training so as I get older, I don't hurt myself just from carrying a box of xmas stuff! I love to garden .. I love to walk.. I love to ride my bike. I want to keep doing these things!
    So for .. for all of us .. think of your whys! Write them down, so on a day when that piece of cake looks so good... or you want that extra cookie.. think of your whys. THink of how great you will feel when you reach that goal! Lets have this be the best year yet for all of us on here! Lets cheer each other on. And reading each others WHYS might also help someone else!
    Sorry for the long post .. but I needed to write down what I had been laying in bed last nite thinking about. I need to keep this fresh in my mind.
    And .. today I did great!!
    JFT, Wed, 1/4
    1. log all food. STAY WITHIN POINTS AND CALORIES! :)
    2. concentrate on water :) (Ha .. I think I'm going to the lady's room every 15 minutes though!)
    3. laundry :)
    4. mindful eating :)
    5. evening snack .. only protein shake or frozen fruit :) Discovered frozen sweet cherries .. very good, cold, and they take awhile to eat! 100 calories for a cup full!
    6.read success stories :)
    7. go to gym only if back is better :s
    8. get back on here.. be accountable :)
    JFT, THurs, 1/5
    1. log all food .. stay within points and calories
    2. concentrate on water
    3. try and go to the gym.. just be careful with back exercises until no more pain
    4. go to hobby lobby and Joanns .. want to get some flannel for a quilt back, and want to try and find a pretty new table decoration for my dining room table. Tired of silk flowers!
    5. read success stories
    6. nite time snack. protein shake, or frozen fruit, or egg
    7. make egg casserole.. sounds very good, with 19 gms protein per serving. Aiming for more protei
    5-pound challenge!
    SW, Jan 1st 207.6

Weekly weigh-in... I will weigh myself every Sunday. I choose that day because it will help me over the weekends, which is usually my worse time.
    Sunday, Jan 1: 207.8 starting weight
    A little about me:
    My name is Joan, I will be 72 years old this summer. I am very tall, 5'11", and hope to lose 25-30 pounds. I have 2 grown children, have been married to my husband for 46 years; love to garden, love to walk and exercise, and love to sew.
    My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 220-217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic
    SW Year 2021: 195
    SW Year 2022: 190 - reached 182 in August. But weight on a slow increase the rest of
    2037. SW Year 2023: 207.8
    Weight Goals:
    SW, Jan 1st, 2023: 207.8
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 180 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 170-175 - reach this by October
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 202
    March: 198
    April: 194 (Hubby and my 46 wedding anniversary)
    May: 190
    June: 186
    July: 182 (my birthday)
    August: 178
    Sept: 174
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
    Personal Goals
    16. To have a better relationship with food. To not think I have to be perfect, and to realize that if I have a bad day .. that is OK. Get right back on track. To give it 80/20 --- meaning if I can stay on track 80% of the time, that is OK. It does not have to be 100%
    17. To keep exercising, and do more strength training
    18. To learn how to plan meals and snacks better.
    19. To listen to podcasts and watch youtubers.. improve my way of thinking about food
    20. To sew at least 20 lap quilts for nursing homes; make at least 25 fidget quilts; make 100 more bears for hospital.
    21. To declutter our house.. keep only what I use!
    My word of the year for 2023: Transformation. I want to "transform" my thoughts about my food relationship. I want to transform my body in how I feel and move.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. THINK PINK. Call GADOE about new certificate.
    2. Update class website. Trim posters & laminate.
    3. Write "How Do Taxes Work?" script. Work on WFTY blog post. (Sketch?)
    4. Reading - hard copies. Update Goodreads!
    5. Review S&F and Clois. Call to set up testing for ADHD and set up nurse on insurance.
    6. Duolingo. Clear space in office to move books.
    7. Meeting at central office.
    8. Evening: Dems meeting 630 library. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Friday evening out. Saturday YMCA/park walk? Sunday RC and podcast.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 201.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy FEB???. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. First day with students went QUITE well. Imperfect, but impressively close. The way that uncertainty and hope and trying to play it cool mixes in teenagers is so sweet. They're not as openly eager as the wee munchkins, and not as fed up with everything as the adults. They still care, but they try to hide it, because they don't want to seem "desperate" because that's "pathetic." OTOH, they don't want to hide their feelings TOO much, because then that's "inauthentic," which is ALSO uncool!

Bless their hearts.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,550 Member
    JFT for 1/4/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 1/3)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the Mexican sweet breads.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 12/28)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 1/5 (last 1/2)✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/31). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 1/3) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.✔️Didn't eat today
    11) Tamale ok today✔️Didn't eat today
    12) No croissants today✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 1/5/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 1/3)
    2) None of DH's stash today, including the Mexican sweet breads.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 12/28)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 1/5 (last 1/2)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/4). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 1/3) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.
    11) Tamale ok today
    12) No croissants today
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

***Starting again, but slowly

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true