SAD DAYS

Options
HOW DO U GET THREW THE BAD DAYS? XX

Replies

• theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    By tracking everything even if it's not so good. Then going to the community tab and looking at all the success stories. Got me back on the band wagon today:) You can do this. Just don't ever give up :wink:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I remind myself of all of the reasons I am leading a healthier lifestyle...and of all of the things that I hated about being overweight. These things are written down (many of them on my profile) so that I can read them when I need to (and sometimes read them when I don't have mental struggles).
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    also...its ok and can even be physically/mentally healthy to have a bad day here and there. don't beat yourself up about it. just remind yourself why you are on this journey and get back on track the next day.
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just thank God for allowing to get through another day. I remind myself that tomorrow is a new day. This process is a gradual change and I didn't gain weight overnight so I don't expect to lose overnight.

Hang in there lady!
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Liquor.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Just let yourself feel what you feel. I've had two "sad days" in a row now, yesterday and today, and I can't quite figure it out. That being said, reach out to friends, relax, read a book, drink a glass of wine. Take care of yourself. "This too shall pass." Hugs to you!:smile:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Xanax

and sometimes xanax and liquor
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    vitamins b-6 and b-12. *hugs*
  • AlliBunny
    Options
    mostly i mess up around dinner so i dont always record it here, then when i log in the next day it reminds me that i have to do better today and mostly i do but its hard for me to eat less and be healthy. if no ones watching i can down 2 beers with a meal or eat the whole pot of food but somedays and i run and and do strength training and clean the whole house too! and those are the days we have to look foward to.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    my MFP friends pump me back up, don't let me get discouraged and don't tolerate too much whining
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I just thank God for allowing to get through another day. I remind myself that tomorrow is a new day. This process is a gradual change and I didn't gain weight overnight so I don't expect to lose overnight.

Hang in there lady!

you have an awesome outlook on life, you have alot of love and feelings and a whole lot of wisdom in your words :) so true.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Log'em if its food, if it's just a sad day, reach out to someone who will listen. I try to remember I'm on a life long journey and if I have a bad day I work at getting on track the next. The goal is to string more good days together then bad days. I've been on this leg of my journey for about nine months now and I'm just starting to explore what my relationship with food is and that seems to be the key for me. As I realize it is really just a source of energy and I find new sources of comfort, it becomes easier to navigate. Good luck, stay the course and I hope your day is better and brighter.
  • 4me2day
    4me2day Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Start over either right now or in the morning. See my signature line!!!
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    To me, tracking my food is not punishment or dieting. I kind of enjoy it and use it to guide me. If it's a bad eating day I track it as best I can. If I do not loose or maybe even gain, I want to be able to go back, reflect and see what was going on that day. Even if it is a bad day- I still want to be accountable.

For example, I am not an emotional eater. But, the other day I found myself eating Doritos after a major family issue! Bing- a light when on- and I checked the bag and started counting my chips. Yes, it was 300 calories and yes it put me over 300 calories for the day! :cry: But I want to be honest with myself and never say" I don't know why I am not loosing..."

I believe that my inner strength can help me in both physical and mental challenges and I face each one with faith, prayer and hope for a better tomorrow :happy: There's no going back on this journey- only forward
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I try to remember that every day is a new experience, even if it's a totally sucky one. I try to step outside of myself and think of how I'm reacting to what I'm experiencing, and why, so that I can learn from it. Mostly, I try to remember that it will end. I hope that helps.
  • googgirl
    Options
    Thanks for the comments x its nice to know im not the only one that has bad days :wink:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Shooting zombies, fighting aliens, slaying dragons.....these things always make me feel a little better.