I’d love/need before and after pictures of around 150 pound loss.

Options
charlene77
charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
edited January 2023 in Success Stories
I could really use the motivation! My goal is a 150 pound loss. I could probably lose more, but will be thrilled to hit 150 pound loss. I’m super conscious about loose skin, but I guess being able to hike, play sports, and buy clothes anywhere again will be worth it!

Please share your before and afters of anywhere around 150 pound loss :) A little testimony is so welcome!

Replies

• BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    iycej3pynyvj.jpgqws5yy4auati.jpg

I'm 65 years old and it took me ~4 years to lose 160 lbs. It was done with aggressive low carb eating and lots of gym time. I religiously followed the Adkins book and it worked for me, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that what works is different for everybody. I weighed 355 pounds at my heaviest and now weigh 195 +/-. I'm 6' and I've gone from pants with a 54" waist to a 32" waist.

To be honest, it was a journey of two steps forward and one step back. It's all about the eating: Period. That being said, the gym time was the real motivation that kept me on track. I became a gym rat to keep me busy during down times when I'd normally reach for (lots of) food. I had high blood pressure and was on two different medications for that, I was pre-diabetic and checking my blood sugars 3x/day, and I was on medication because my cholesterol was through the roof: classic metabolic syndrome. All of that no longer exists.

No one can fully understand how hard it is to lose weight and keep it off. I participate in the National Weight Loss Registry to support research on this issue. To my brothers and sisters who are out there fighting this fight: You don't know me, but I'm there cheering for you every day that you give it your best shot. Some days are better than others, but you've got this!
    Impressive. Well done. Quite an accomplishment. Keep it up. I do not know how much I have to lose, but I am guessing it is a little bit less than what you already lost. I especially like that you participate in the National Weight Loss Registry. I thought of that myself, but since I am not an American, I don't think I would be acceptable for them.
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    Options
    When I set out to lose weight, I didn't set a 'goal'. I just knew that I had to weigh less than I did.
    Great to hear. So did I. I have no "goal weight", no "target weight". My only aim is to be at the best weight for me. I have no idea how much that is, even if I am currently having the impression I am closing in, although that is a real platitude. Of course I am closing in. After all, I am losing, not gaining ^_^.
    1. Some days you need to take it hour by hour - just make it to the next hour, and the next hour. It was all I could do sometimes was remind myself it was just another 30 minutes, and I would eat again, that I wasn't going to starve, and it wasn't necessary for me to stuff my face right this very second.
    My weapon for this is a second watch with a timer. That way, I can always have a visual indication of how long I have to wait. It also makes sure I never go without eating and then becoming so hungry that I can't stop when my measured portion has been eaten.

• dianacrutchfield1952
    Options
    Amanda...not sure what womanly features you feel you lost, but you look great! My hats off to you!
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    Options
    Amanda...not sure what womanly features you feel you lost, but you look great! My hats off to you!
    I second that. I see nothing unwomanly here. Well on the contrary.
  • oakster69
    oakster69 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    iycej3pynyvj.jpgqws5yy4auati.jpg

I'm 65 years old and it took me ~4 years to lose 160 lbs. It was done with aggressive low carb eating and lots of gym time. I religiously followed the Adkins book and it worked for me, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that what works is different for everybody. I weighed 355 pounds at my heaviest and now weigh 195 +/-. I'm 6' and I've gone from pants with a 54" waist to a 32" waist.

To be honest, it was a journey of two steps forward and one step back. It's all about the eating: Period. That being said, the gym time was the real motivation that kept me on track. I became a gym rat to keep me busy during down times when I'd normally reach for (lots of) food. I had high blood pressure and was on two different medications for that, I was pre-diabetic and checking my blood sugars 3x/day, and I was on medication because my cholesterol was through the roof: classic metabolic syndrome. All of that no longer exists.

No one can fully understand how hard it is to lose weight and keep it off. I participate in the National Weight Loss Registry to support research on this issue. To my brothers and sisters who are out there fighting this fight: You don't know me, but I'm there cheering for you every day that you give it your best shot. Some days are better than others, but you've got this!
    Impressive. Well done. Quite an accomplishment. Keep it up. I do not know how much I have to lose, but I am guessing it is a little bit less than what you already lost. I especially like that you participate in the National Weight Loss Registry. I thought of that myself, but since I am not an American, I don't think I would be acceptable for them.

That is an outstanding transformation. Simply amazing and good for you. I am in about the exact same boat. If I got anywhere close to what you accomplished it would be amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!