how come i weighed myself i gained not lost

Options
Im so sad.. i feel like io have been watching everything i eat and eatting less but no results :(

Replies

• reese1206
    Options
    How often do you workout?
    Are you eating healthy foods?
    Are you eating to few calories?
  • robinrkirkland
    robinrkirkland Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have some questions for you.

1. What are you eating?
    2. How much water are you drinking?
    3. How much have you worked out?

Don't be sad and don't give up. Maybe you need to change your diet. Maybe you need to work out more. Maybe you ate a lot of protein and worked out a lot and its just muscle.
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Maybe you gained muscle and lost inches...did you measure yourself??? This happend to me....muscle weighs more than fat but eventually it will help you burn the fat and loose weight :)
  • cooktima87
    Options
    I eat healthy for the most part, i eat a lean cusine for lucnh everyday.
    I try to drink at leat 5 to 6 cups of water a day
    Also I work out moderately 4 time a week from cardio so some wieghts
    i always supposed to eat 1,200 I never pass it, but mostly i always eat a 100-300 less
  • cooktima87
    Options
    no i havent mesaured myself
  • ErinRice1130
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have been watching what I eat (1600 per day) and working out at least 4 times a week, but only moderate weight loss. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but how to I get over the hump? Sohould I look more at fat grams than caloric total??
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    drink more water....i will tell you i lost 80 pounds eatting lean cuisine and other frozen meals every day for lunch and dinner but i had to up the water because of sodium :) good luck and stick with it
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy for the most part, i eat a lean cusine for lucnh everyday.
    I try to drink at leat 5 to 6 cups of water a day
    Also I work out moderately 4 time a week from cardio so some wieghts
    i always supposed to eat 1,200 I never pass it, but mostly i always eat a 100-300 less
    You probably need to be more careful with that number, going that far below can backfire.

Also, depending on the gain (meaning: 1 lb or 7), it could be from using a different (off) scale, weighing at a different time of day, etc.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hm, your icon shows you joined this month and your ticker shows that you've lost 3 pounds so far. Even if you joined the 1st week, that's excellent progress considering you don't have a lot of weight to lose!

And it's definitely not "nothing"! 1/2 to 1 pound a week is about right for folks who have less to lose. Any higher expectation than that and you're just signing yourself up for a lot of disappointment. Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

If I was to give any advice it would be to watch those frozen dinners since they're high in sodium and/or up the water a bit, and switch up your exercises now and then to keep your body guessing.
  • dpbrewing
    Options
    There is no such thing as "starvation mode" unless you don't eat for DAYS. Do not believe the broscience. The key to weight loss (in my opinion) is control over insulin levels. The easiest way to control insulin levels is to cut carbohydates. Your Lean Cuisine is processed crap food, loaded with carbs and sodium (no offense meant). Try eating some "real" food.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    start tracking inches as well dont be a slave to the scale weight can change from day to day i only weight my self one time a week
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Measurements measurements measurements!! :) You could be gaining major results there but not on the scale. I've only lost 7lbs but I lost inches since I've started. You're probably gaining muscle although you're burning fat. Since muscle weighs more then fat this is a common problem (I've had/have it myself).

Keep working hard, watching close, eating right, and exercising 5-6 times a week. Make sure to mix cardio and strength training for your ideal workout. Stretch afterwards and warm up before your strength training with a light cardio for 5-10 mins. I learned that the hard way D: lol.

Good luck!
  • robinrkirkland
    robinrkirkland Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Instead of frozen meals try having a banana a peanut butter sandwitch on whole wheat and a cup of yogurt. Drink plenty of water and keep at it! =D
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    your not eating enough you need to eat all your calories
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    More water!! Especially if you are working out and eating high sodium foods. Also, to get those last 100-300 calories in end your night with a piece of fruit. Your calories are there for a reason! Don't be discouraged though, I went about 3 weeks before I started seeing good numbers and now that I am nearly 2 months in I'm down 11 pounds. Just keep going- it gets easier, listen to your body.
  • jrreed1
    jrreed1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the importance of a good night's sleep and keeping a positive attitude along with just getting used to eating better and exercising.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!