LESS Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2023 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @lmlmrn I now have that book in my Amazon cart. I've been teetering on purchasing it, but once I saw the words "Hop water", I'm all in!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    This thread has gotten so active--it's mahvalous! (I'm practicing my terrible New England accent in prep for heading to FL, where I'm hoping to actually have some semblance of a social life :) ) So saving most comments for the weekend when I can dive in. But did want to say, @looneycatblue to be kind to yourself. I think sometimes our unconscience has plans for us we're not aware of--I know mine does and I just try to be mindful what's happening inside. Also, just last week read that shaming--by others, or much more commonly by ourselves, increases anxiety and is likely to be a driver for further drinking to cope!

I've struggled 2 consecutive nights with restlessness/insomnia and thought (2 hours apart) about having a drink (with Ted Lasso <3 )--the second time pulling a chair over to see into the depths of the liquor cabinet, but reminded myself that I'm trying to wake up at 5 every morning to be productive and have some me time. And that my gummy would hopefully be kicking in...at some point.

Still at chzsmv36y86p.png for the week.

Awww, thank you, I needed to hear this! <3 True, we can be harder on ourselves than anyone else!