I'm a size what?!?

Options
So, the other day I was was really surprised... I was rushing from the house to the car to get to work in the morning and suddenly realized that I was going to regret not wearing a belt, my pants were falling off. Then as I'm backing out of the driveway I realize, these are the absolute smallest pair of "nice" pants that I own! So, I have literally 0 options for work pants that fit. Have I really lost that much weight?

So, I had an hour and ran to the mall today. Keep in mind, I was a 16 after I had my son, a 14 when I really was able to start exercising again, and a 12-10 when I started using MFP. Today I was a true 6! Yay! I tried on pants at Banana Republic, Express, and Ann Taylor, in all of the stores I was a 6. And I found 2 pairs of pants that I LOVE - I actually think they look good. I can't believe it. Sure, I don't really have the money right now, so I feel a bit bad about that, but my pants were literally falling off. ;)

A little yay for me, from me. :)

And, BTW, I am interested in having friends on my news feed that are working on similar goals- I'm 5'8, 157, and I think I have about 7 to 10 lbs to go. Basically, I want to be a toned size 4. Anyone else have the last 10 to go?

Replies

• jcataldi14
    Options
    YAYAYAYAY
  • Dylanzmom
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    NO NO NO NO! :)

A SUPER huge yea for you!!!!!

Congratulations :):)
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congrats on the loss of lbs and inches.
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have waaaayyyy more than ten more pounds to go but you ROCK! How did you do it? I am trying not to think of my weight as a number...I want to be fit. I want to run marathons, swim, kick *kitten*. I don't like number. Great job!
  • faithog
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! That is such an amazing feeling =)

You are welcome to add me! I am 5'6... at 140 lbs right now. I have 5 lbs to go until I meet my goal (but I may keep going a little after that!)

Yay for new clothes! You go girl!
  • mitzir
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I am wearing my new size 6 pants today and they are really comfortable, not tight in the least. Yay!

And ffwifeagomoll, I did it by exercising and tracking my calories down to the single gummy bear level. ;) I run, lift weights and do yoga. I was a gym rat before I had my son but discovered after her was born that getting both of us to the gym was just a hassle, and then you can only be there as long as daycare is available and baby is content etc. So, I cancelled the gym membership, got a running stroller, and bought a set of adjustable weight dumbbells. I use Chalene Extreme to lift weights at home when I can wake up before my son. I usually run weekend mornings or before dinner if the weather is nice, as far as he's concerned it's equivalent to going for a walk. And I am able to get away to go to a yoga class about once a week (and I discovered Bikram this last year, which has been awesome). That was effect I've on it's own until about a size 10 but then I plateaued a bit. Once I started using MFP religiously the rest melted off. Like I said, I could do another 10 I think, and that includes building more muscle too. As for feeling fit, I feel very fit. In general my body feels pretty strong and I am definitely starting to see some visible muscle tone. But there was no trick, just exercise and keeping track of calories in and calories out. Oh, and when I have a bad day I just remember that everyday is a fresh start. Good luck and if you want to friend me feel free!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I can not wait to be in your shoes..........

I
  • Buddhaboy
    Buddhaboy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good for you
    I'm going through the same thing myself
    Back in March, I was squeezing into a men's 42...now the 38's I just bought feel loose on me,
    and I'm kicking myself for not getting 36's...slim fit no less!!!
    But I don't care what it costs, hearing people tell you how great you look is worth more then the price of pants
    Great job!
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing!!! Congratulations :-) It's so refreshing to know that someone's hard work has paid off
  • happychic
    happychic Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thats great!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 10 pounds to go also...5'5 we can do this!!
  • rachel197888
    Options
    I have 10 more to go! Add me as a friend if you like so we can help motivate eachother. What excercises are you doing?
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!! Congrats! :drinker:

I am 5'8" and I am 164lbs right now and my goal is to be around 155lbs. I just got into a pair of size 6 skinny jeans two weeks ago and I cried!! When I started this journey I was in a size 14 and I would have never thought I would be wearing a size 6!! Its the best feeling EVER!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!