Eating when Bored

bflyeffect7
bflyeffect7 Posts: 13
Someone please give advice on how to not eat when bored! I do not keep unhealthy things in my house which I think really helps but I find myself still wanting to eat when I am bored, especially on the weekend!

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Someone please give advice on how to not eat when bored! I do not keep unhealthy things in my house which I think really helps but I find myself still wanting to eat when I am bored, especially on the weekend!

The best advice I can give is to try and find something to do. Clean the house, go for a walk, call a friend or family member to see how they are doing.

Sometimes making a pot of tea can help too.

Good luck!
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    I eat when bored also (I also eat when stressed, tired, and sometimes for no reason at all)
    1st rule ALWAYS log everything you eat when you eat it (this has stopped an occasional binge)
    Find something to do to distract yourself, leave the house if you have to. You can do it.
    Sometimes drinking a lot of water helps me through it also
  • newmrswood
    newmrswood Posts: 167 Member
    I drink water or chew gum when I get bored and get the munchies...mint flavor really helps
  • i like to snack on popcorn or suck on hard candy
  • @ADS Ok! I do log everything in even sometimes I have even looked it up to see what the calories were and that stopped me!

@thompson I have discovered that the 100 pack of popcorn is my new favorite snack too
  • Oh, I do this too! Whether it's hella toast at 10 PM, the rest of dinner or anything else I can get my hands on! I chew a lot of gum, make myself do situps in front of the tv or just find something to do with my hands (paint my nails, etc). Try brushing your teeth as well. If it's daytime, just go outside. Even just sitting on the porch. Just get out of the house and breathe.
  • @ana I think getting out of the house would help! It usually happens when I am in all day or at home studying!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Oh, I do this too! Whether it's hella toast at 10 PM, the rest of dinner or anything else I can get my hands on! I chew a lot of gum, make myself do situps in front of the tv or just find something to do with my hands (paint my nails, etc). Try brushing your teeth as well. If it's daytime, just go outside. Even just sitting on the porch. Just get out of the house and breathe.

I do the brushing my teeth thing as well...because I don't like the taste of food when I just brushed :) Plus I like when they are all minty fresh!! I also do the hard candy I have a crystal light lemonade one right now!

Good luck
  • one of the things that really helps me (an admitted compulsive overeater) is to either carry a water bottle at all times so i can drink water when i'm bored (which is also when i think i feel hungry), or i just keep gum handy. chewing gum gives me something to do, and means i can't put food in my mouth at the same time!
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    one of the things that really helps me (an admitted compulsive overeater) is to either carry a water bottle at all times so i can drink water when i'm bored (which is also when i think i feel hungry), or i just keep gum handy. chewing gum gives me something to do, and means i can't put food in my mouth at the same time!

I do the exact same thing. I actually find that half the time I think I'm craving food, I'm actually thirsty because I'll drink water and be fine. Keeping out of the house or keeping off my butt also does the trick fabulously but I know I can't do that all the time :P
This discussion has been closed.