Hi from Massachusetts!

Options
Hello everyone,

I joined myfitnesspal last week and it has been an eye opener for me. My work life is pretty sedentary. I have a desk job that allows me to get out and meet people on the manufacturing floor every now and then. Recently my co-workers and I started a walk group during lunch. We would go on 30-50 minute walks around the town. I hope we continue this through the winter, but we'll see.

My boyfriend is a manager at a women-only gym and a personal trainer. Through him I learned how to eat better and we do a lot of outdoor activities with our dogs on the weekend. Before I met him, I was hanging out with my guy friends and picking up their bad food habits - eating a lot (as much as they eat), late night snacks, and FAST FOOD! I gave up fast food in general back in 2007, but since I started hanging out more with my guy friends earlier this year I realized that we would purchase a lot of high calorie meals most of the time. My boyfriend got me back on track and I'm grateful for his encouragement and guidance.

My goals are to eat better and healthier. I also hope to contribute to this community in a meaningful way through forums and discussions.

Thanks,

Patti

Replies

• reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm in MA too. Welcome. This site has been a big help keeping me accountable. Good luck to you.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

My sis lives in the same town as you...I live in CT, right over the MA border...

I also walk during lunch, I find it to be a nice mid day break to get out of the office...mine is only about 25 min walk though. As it is getting colder, that will end soon :(

Hope you are enjoying the site so far!!!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! Im from Ma but live in Tennessee now. Welcome to MFP you'll love it!!
  • cstarmelissa
    Options
    Hi from Puerto Rico!!! Good for you! I have been struggling pretty much in the same way. I have a lot of guy friends because I work as a civilian in the Army. We hang out and eat so much bad food its ridiculous. Nevermind all the drinking. I have been trying for the last month or so to write down all I eat and I have pretty much lost 7 pounds. It really works if you do it right.

Wish you the best.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    hello im from ma but live in nh now...=)
  • PVMcHugh
    Options
    Thanks everyone for reading and saying hi! Please feel free to add me as a friend. Accountability is definitely a good thing when it comes to weight loss since you have to be open and honest with your friends about what you are eating and doing. I'm really into MFP so far. :smile:
  • firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I was born/raised in Marlboro, and my moms still there. I'm still in Mass, but anout 45 min away in Spencer. Welcome!!
    Trish
  • ceyuh
    ceyuh Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi all, fellow New Englander here.
    I am enjoying the success stories, they help to keep me motivated.
    Keep at it!