can you see a difference?

Options
so i am down 20 pounds so far (well 20 pounds as of sept 3rd when i last weighed myself)

this is from my honeymoon in may

5753282954_c75f78bac8.jpg

and this is today

810498acd6aa4e9a927acf53534d08b5_7.jpg

not sure i can see a difference at all

Replies

• _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I can, especially in your face!
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    I can see it in your face,as well as your waist! Good luck.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Can really tell in your face. Way to go!! You can do it!
  • Shells06
    Shells06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can see it!! Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    Yup, in the hips. Good job. Congrats. Keep up the good work.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Your face is a lot slimmer. Keep up the great work!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I see it in your face...and the tummy pooch isnt visible anymore!! (I have 2) Congrats! I can't wait to get where you are!!
  • divadoll41
    Options
    look great keep up the good work!
  • mopovich
    mopovich Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yep! You look slimmer! One thing I would suggest is try to take your comparison pics at the same distance and same angle (and same clothes if you can). You will be able to tell a lot more! But you look great! Keep it up! :)
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    Yep! You look slimmer! One thing I would suggest is try to take your comparison pics at the same distance and same angle (and same clothes if you can). You will be able to tell a lot more! But you look great! Keep it up! :)

oddly i wasn't trying to take comparison pics LOL i was taking a pic of the sweater to post online and realized oh yeah i can do a then and now with this. next time for sure though!
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    It shows in your face, waist, and thighs... OBTW maybe its cuz you are focused on the dirty car you are standing next too!! HE HE HE!!!!!!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I can see it! You really notice it first in your face, and I agree your thighs show it too. Congrats!!!
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    Definitely! And I love that sweater! Did you make it?
  • iysys
    Options
    It shows in your face, waist, and thighs... OBTW maybe its cuz you are focused on the dirty car you are standing next too!! HE HE HE!!!!!!

hahaha that was just after i finished going off-roading for the first time in wiamea canyon on kauai. so much fun!!
  • iysys
    Options
    Definitely! And I love that sweater! Did you make it?

i didn't make it (though i do know how) it was a gift from the designer. it is cria from ysolda teague's latest book "little red in the city"
  • BethieBoops
    Options
    You look great! I have noticed that I only start looking like I've lost weight just after the 20 pound mark- so hang in there! You'll see it soon!
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    When ever a see a sweater like that I assume it was hand made because a lot of my friends are really into fiber arts. That shade of green goes really nice with your hair color!
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Totally can tell in both your face and your waist! keep it up, you're doing awesome!!! :drinker:
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You can totally tell in your face and you're not as pouchy either. I am betting the clothes you have are fitting better right?

I think when it comes to losing weight the shorter you are (no matter how overweight you are) the bigger you look. So when you lose just a teeny bit of weight it looks like you've lost a ton.

I have a side by side myself that was taken of me when I weighed my highest at 170 and a few weeks ago when I was at 137.5

TheNewMe.jpg

I am 4ft 6in so I know it shows a bigger difference than there was.
  • iysys
    Options
    You can totally tell in your face and you're not as pouchy either. I am betting the clothes you have are fitting better right?

I think when it comes to losing weight the shorter you are (no matter how overweight you are) the bigger you look. So when you lose just a teeny bit of weight it looks like you've lost a ton.

I have a side by side myself that was taken of me when I weighed my highest at 170 and a few weeks ago when I was at 137.5

TheNewMe.jpg

I am 4ft 6in so I know it shows a bigger difference than there was.

i think you are right. i am 5'8" and i am very evenly proportioned so i don't think i am going to see things as being as fast even if they are.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!