Weight gain?

Options
I just started working out a little over a week ago. I do at home workouts without equipment. How did I gain 3-4 lbs!?! I knew I've been hungrier but what?!?

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Totally normal to retain water after starting working out. That's the muscles repairing etc.

From what you say, maybe you have eaten more too? That could also lead to water weight gain.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Weight gain when you start first working out is normal due to water and glycogen getting stored into the muscles.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Water retention can cause big weight fluctuations so don’t worry about it. You can’t gain fat or muscle that quickly.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    It's likely water retention.

Just an FYI --- if you step on the scale and it is +/- 5lbs or so in *days* it is not true weight loss or gain. It's just a normal amount of fluctuation that has a ton of factors that can affect it. Look at weight over time (3-4weeks) to look at true weight loss, gain, or stasis.
  • utz2119
    utz2119 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I ended up dropping the weight and then some (wasnt meaning to drop the and then some ) but happy it wasnt real gain