No pitty needed :)

clewliss
clewliss Posts: 640 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm not feeling sorry for myself, hence the subject, but rather, I need to vent!! I KNOW what my problem is! I'm not eating right, and I'm only exercising when I want to (around 3 times a week) and so I'm not questioning why I'm not losing weight. I have been unmotivated, in a blah mood, and just really not putting my health on top of the list! I can't seem to take it one day at a time. The weather hasn't been very nice lately and I just don't have the umphh to get it done! I'm not depressed, as a matter of fact, I'm rather excited (building a new home) and focused on that, but It seems like I just fight with everything I do when it comes to weight loss! I fight myself to exercise, I fight myself to eat right, I fight myself to make healthy choices at the grocery store, I am fighting my own mind! It seems like it's all in my head and I can't get it together!!! It's beginning to show b/c my DH asked me what I've been so ill about. This is rediculous- I walk, I ride a bike, I use my elliptical, I use the treadmill, I do weight classes....heck, I'm a member of the gym, but I am not steady with any of it! I could care less right now about how many calories I need to eat (which is why I began this battle of the mind in the first place) because I can't stay with it long enough to make a difference. I know that all of us are different and we all require different calorie intakes and all of that, so I'm not even going there. I just want to listen to my body and stop eating when I'm full. It hasn't been happening!! Maybe after this venting session, I will get in a better frame of mind and move forward. Thanks to all of you for listening! I know what I need to do, it's just a matter of getting mad enough at myself to do it!

Replies

• clewliss
    I'm not feeling sorry for myself, hence the subject, but rather, I need to vent!! I KNOW what my problem is! I'm not eating right, and I'm only exercising when I want to (around 3 times a week) and so I'm not questioning why I'm not losing weight. I have been unmotivated, in a blah mood, and just really not putting my health on top of the list! I can't seem to take it one day at a time. The weather hasn't been very nice lately and I just don't have the umphh to get it done! I'm not depressed, as a matter of fact, I'm rather excited (building a new home) and focused on that, but It seems like I just fight with everything I do when it comes to weight loss! I fight myself to exercise, I fight myself to eat right, I fight myself to make healthy choices at the grocery store, I am fighting my own mind! It seems like it's all in my head and I can't get it together!!! It's beginning to show b/c my DH asked me what I've been so ill about. This is rediculous- I walk, I ride a bike, I use my elliptical, I use the treadmill, I do weight classes....heck, I'm a member of the gym, but I am not steady with any of it! I could care less right now about how many calories I need to eat (which is why I began this battle of the mind in the first place) because I can't stay with it long enough to make a difference. I know that all of us are different and we all require different calorie intakes and all of that, so I'm not even going there. I just want to listen to my body and stop eating when I'm full. It hasn't been happening!! Maybe after this venting session, I will get in a better frame of mind and move forward. Thanks to all of you for listening! I know what I need to do, it's just a matter of getting mad enough at myself to do it!
  • cyn6857
    cyn6857 Posts: 9 Member
    :flowerforyou: sometimes you just need to vent.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    You're trying to make your body get smaller. Every fiber of your being is carefully designed/evolved to not get smaller - it doesn't want to do it. When you make your body do something it doesn't want to do it rebels. It makes you tired & cranky and throws cravings up in your face, and then if you give in to the squishy machine it rewards you with satisfaction & rest.

Don't get mad - get even. You are in command, you can do it, and you will. You will not be defeated by your squishy machine any more than you will be defeated by your washing machine or your adding machine. You're the boss.
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Life is a fight isn't it? Trying to change can feel like you are in a hostage situation. Your old self and eating/exercise decisions (or lack of) is holding a bullet to your head, while the hostage negotiator is talking you out of doing it. It is a tough journey, and we all need to vent. Then regroup and go for it! YOU CAN! :bigsmile:
    As for feeling full.....I am eating more fat and protein and eliminating starches and refined sugar while eating healthy carbs. It has made a world of difference! I am so shocked at how full I can be and maybe you need to look at the balance of nutrients. :drinker:
    I have my own frustations as well and hopefully you got what you needed out of your system and you can refocus. I'm glad that you aren't whining about it and you know what you have to do. and YES YOU CAN DO IT!
    150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • clewliss
    I'm glad that you aren't whining about it and you know what you have to do. and YES YOU CAN DO IT!
    150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

No, I know whining will do NOTHING for me! Thanks for the reply! I'm soaking everything up like a sponge right now :) Maybe that's a start
  • clewliss
    You're trying to make your body get smaller. Every fiber of your being is carefully designed/evolved to not get smaller - it doesn't want to do it. When you make your body do something it doesn't want to do it rebels. It makes you tired & cranky and throws cravings up in your face, and then if you give in to the squishy machine it rewards you with satisfaction & rest.

Don't get mad - get even. You are in command, you can do it, and you will. You will not be defeated by your squishy machine any more than you will be defeated by your washing machine or your adding machine. You're the boss.

This is a great explanation! I appreciate it!!
This discussion has been closed.