60 lb weight loss goal

Options
heart3313
heart3313 Posts: 89 Member
This feels like a daunting task. Lose 60 lbs. I am prepared for the long haul and am committed to staying on track.
I started 12/30/22 at 222.8 lbs. My goal is 160 lbs. We shall see if sticking to calorie limits combined with exercise 3 days a week does it!
I am 37 years old. I am 5'7. A full time employee. Mom to three kids. Wife to 1 hubby 😉 Before pics to hopefully look back on and say "wow! Look I did it!!"
82adi0vywyle.jpg
rz97d5v3p9p6.jpg

Replies

• Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You got this!!!! Similar situation… so I’m right there with you on this journey! Hopefully in a few months you share an update on all your progress!

What’s your workout plan? Home? Gym?
  • heart3313
    Options
    I go to a local Planet Fitness 3 days a week. I usually start on the treadmill walking at 2.5-3 mph on a 10-15 incline for 20 minutes. I start at 10 and work my way up to 15 by the end. I then go to dumbbells and their other weight machines. I spend about a hour total and a full body workout. I like it get it done quick and make the most of my time there. I have been successful in the past with this routine. I think I have gained weight back by mindless diet eating. So hopefully this time once I drop the weight, I stay focused! Good luck to you as well!!
  • sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the commitment and hitting the gym!

If your goal is weight loss, be sure to make a solid plan based on your caloric needs. Exercise isn't gonna burn as much as you think, so it'll be super important to get a handle on your daily calorie needs (and appropriate deficit) and logging everything accurately. You got this!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,362 Member
    Options
    @sbelletti has it right. Being in a deficit is going to require mindfulness about what and how much you eat.

The only thing I'd add is to make sure to go slow enough. It's hard to do that at first; everyone wants results last week. It took a long time to gain the weight you want to lose, and if you take a long view towards losing, you'll not only have an easier time but also be really well-prepared to eat just a little bit more when you get to your goal. Maintaining weight loss is, unfortunately, AT LEAST as difficult as losing it. Build good habits now. It takes work. It's simple; it ain't easy. Those good habits you work hard at developing now will serve you well for your next 47 years.
  • Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    heart3313 wrote: »
    This feels like a daunting task. Lose 60 lbs. I am prepared for the long haul and am committed to staying on track.
    I started 12/30/22 at 222.8 lbs. My goal is 160 lbs. We shall see if sticking to calorie limits combined with exercise 3 days a week does it!
    I am 37 years old. I am 5'7. A full time employee. Mom to three kids. Wife to 1 hubby 😉 Before pics to hopefully look back on and say "wow! Look I did it!!"
    82adi0vywyle.jpg
    rz97d5v3p9p6.jpg

Progress photos are a great way to track! It's really good that you have an awareness around what might be stopping you getting the results you want. Mindful eating is definitely a useful tool for weight loss for so many reasons! You can do this!
  • CaliZig111
    CaliZig111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You got this! It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Give yourself lots of grace and stay positive!
  • clairrob
    clairrob Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had the same starting weight, height but I have no children and I'm in my 20s.
    I have to be honest you carried your weight very well! I definitely did not :)

Slower = more sustainable.
    You're doing amazing

• lisahowrey
    lisahowrey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just saw your feed! Amazing job. You can do it!
    I am also trying to lose, but 65lbs. You are an inspiration!
  • heart3313
    Options
    lisahowrey wrote: »
    I just saw your feed! Amazing job. You can do it!
    I am also trying to lose, but 65lbs. You are an inspiration!

Yes! I'm taking just a little break on my workouts for a moment.. I feel a little burned out going to the gym. I'm just being active with the kids outside right now. I'll get back to it. It takes so much effort and to lose 8-9 lbs in 7 week lol... I'm losing slowly... which is fine because it will stay off. Good luck to you!!!
  • jkazo7539
    jkazo7539 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Great update!! Congrats on all the success 👏🏻