Big NSV for me!

Options
I am severely overweight, in small part due to thyroid issues that need to get resolved. Unfortunately, I began having gallbladder attacks a few months ago, which are NO JOKE. Honestly, this weight loss journey was really kicked off for me because I wanted to be free of pain, and not because I cared about the weight loss (I know I need to lose pounds, but pain motivated me more).

Anyway, I've been on a low fat diet for about a week longer than I've been on MFP, and so far, no attacks!! This is huge for me. I pray they never come back, but it's definitely kickstarted my journey!

Replies

• sandraws
    sandraws Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on prioritizing your health! If you have not yet consulted with your doctor about the gall bladder, you should! I went through the same awfulness with that so I understand where you're coming from. Don't just try to manage it on your own. I ultimately had mine removed as each attack was affecting my liver function (found through labs after each attack). This can have long term and negative effects. I don't want to cast gloom, but it's important to follow up and get good advice regarding this. So take care and be well!
  • swilkins49412
    swilkins49412 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your liver will sacrifice your gallbladder in an effort to sustain normal body function. Your thyroid hormones are converted in your liver, that's where T4 turns into the usable T3 that your body needs. Great job with the diet! Hopefully you keep your gallbladder and improve your liver and thyroid function.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!