if I'm already a mess might as well become a hot one. (Hi I'm new)

Options
Hello all,

I'm back after several failed attempts at getting healthy.
Hopefully this is the last attempt and I actually do the thing.

(Rest of this might be a little triggering)

I'm Samantha, also go by Siren.
31, I work in retail management, big fan of karaoke, TikTok, and watching the same TV shows and movies over and over again

2 ish years ago I got diagnosed with Celiac and insulin resistant PCOS. More recently was diagnosed with hypoglycemia, POTS, PTSD and EDNOS.

I'm a victim of Domestic violence and during my time living with my abuser (roughly a year) I lost roughly 160 pounds. In the 6 months since I left my abuser I am now eating daily and have gained back close to 30 pounds.

I'd like to tone up a little bit and drop at a minimum the weight I gained back if not an additional 20 pounds. I know I am still overweight and just want to gain control over my life and my body again and get to a spot where I look good and feel good and feel good about how I look.

Filters are for coffee, I tend to say some pretty outlandish stuff, sometimes I'm funny, and I'm just trying to get back to living my best life.
Add me?

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,281 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

You’ve been through the wringer. Time to focus on a better you. Take it slow and be wise enough to celebrate your successes. If you have a bad day, shake it off and get back to it.
  • editcoolchris
    editcoolchris Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Keep working at it. I have had many failed attempts myself.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep getting back up, you're still in the fight.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Filters are for coffee!!! :laugh: I'm totally stealing that. Welcome!
  • melissaaridgeway
    melissaaridgeway Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So what your post told me is you are a strong person. A strong person can do anything. You got this! You're going to take your life and do awesome things with it. I believe in you!