Newbie 😊

Hello everyone! Looking for friends to help and motivate me along my weight loss journey please. I've recently started intermittent fasting and currently have 62lb to lose

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,966 Member
    Welcome in!

In addition to fasting, be sure to track what you eat. Fasting can be a good tool to help us stay in calorie deficit, but it's that deficit that makes the difference.

Motivation is fleeting. What helps is developing good habits that you can keep up forever. That's how you find success?

Aside from fasting, what strategies are you implementing to get to your goal of 62 pounds? What mini-goals do you have for yourself along the way? Those can help you motivate YOURSELF, and that is really all that matters.
  • Tdavies33
    Tdavies33 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you! I've been doing the fasting for just over a week now, sticking to a clean 18:6 fast and it's working really well so far 😊
    I've upped my walking everyday and hope to incorporate other forms of exercise in the near future. I was thinking maybe weight training would be a good next step? Each pound lost is currently my mini goals lol but in all honesty, I just want to feel and look healthier and happier in my body
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,966 Member
    I have a silly idea if you'll humor me.

Get a piece of paper and write down every weight between when you started and your goal. Every time you get to another pound lost, cross it off. Maybe do something special for yourself for every five or ten, but not something that has to do with food. Maybe put a few dollars in your "new clothes" fund because you'll drop sizes and need a new wardrobe at some point.

If you do this, and yes, it's silly, don't get upset with yourself when you go back up to a number you've already crossed off. It will happen. It's normal. If you haven't yet, check out The Hackers' Diet, especially the portion on Signal and Noise.

Actually, now that I think about it, when you get to a number that you've already seen before, you can cross it off AGAIN next time you get past it, maybe in a different number. That might remind you that it's not linear, and you are still making progress.
  • Tdavies33
    Tdavies33 Posts: 3 Member
    Ha, yes I can do this! I'm in England so it'll be a few pounds for a few pounds but it's definitely doable 😊 I've been meaning to buy new clothes for a while.... Still wearing some of my maternity t-shirts from 3 years ago lol mostly for comfort but it'll be a great way to kick my butt into a new wardrobe also. I'll take a look at your suggested read also, thank you
  • sunnydaydreams
    sunnydaydreams Posts: 4 Member
    Hi I can't say I am a newbie I've had an account for years But I haven't been on and regularly logging for some time.

I've also just started Intermittent Fasting but trying to stick to my calorie goals too. I have about 60lbs to lose.

Only been at it a couple of days but so far I have learnt -

Unsweetened Black coffee isn't as horrible as I'd imagined (I am normally a latte with sugar kinda girl),

I actually don't need to eat snacks while watching television on an evening.

And that my old exercise bike is not just a coat rack it actually works - Even though I can only manage 15mins before I feel like I'm going to die (hopefully I'll get better).

• capgordon1293
    capgordon1293 Posts: 149 Member
    Intermittent fasting is a great tool it works well for me with my work but as of late I haven't been getting my *kitten* done hope u doing awesome