Waist trimmer belts

Options
I keep thinking about getting one of them. I always thought they were a waste of money and useless but my son's army recruiter told him to get one to help him lose the mid-section when running and working out. So now I am confused again. Does anyone here use one regularly? Does it work? Any suggestions on which kind or are they all pretty much the same?

Replies

• kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    bump
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I bought one about a year ago, not only are they painful but they aren't worth it!
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    just another fad. if you want the same effect just wrap saran wrap around your waist and then duct tape. It won't do anything, but sometimes weightloss is a mental block anyway.
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have one. Once in a while I'll stick it on. I don't think it does very much except just make you sweat a lot more in that particular area. I don't think it can hurt if you have it. I wouldn't really recommend buying it because the effects are so minimal but if you have it laying around like I do, there's no harm.

I don't find it uncomfortable. To be honest, I don't even notice it until I take it off and realize how much I've been sweating there.
  • amadapooky76
    Options
    I'm not sure if it is working yet, I just started wearing one while I walk / jog. I can tell you that when I'm done it is soaking wet with sweat even though the rest of me is not that sweaty.
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have one and it is just one of those from walmart..I use it everytime I walk/jog. I dont know if maybe I just think it is working but I get pretty sweaty where the belt is and have lost some inches. It might be my mind thinking it works but hey I am ok with that. Mine is not uncomfortable until I have been jogging for over 50 min but it is not bad..usually I do anything much over an hour anyways..(three kids) I think you might try it theres no harm if you do :)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I was looking at them in the store recently and the packages just claim that they help you lose water weight faster.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    They don't work.
    Army recruiters know very little about fitness.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I had my reservations but I finally bought one upon the recommendation from a friend. Granted, you can't target weight loss to a specific area but I can tell a difference since I've been using it. I get mine as tight as I can stand it and it helps me hold my stomach (which is my #1 problem area) in when I'm walking/running and I think it gives me better posture on other workouts. Plus I do sweat a lot more around my stomach when I'm working out so that's got to be helping some, right? I also discussed it with my trainer before I purchased it and she agreed that it wouldn't hurt anything but told me not to expect my stomach to just melt away. Besides, the one I got was only $5 at Walmart and I figured that wasn't too much of an investment if I decided I didn't like it--much cheaper than Saran Wrap and duct tape in the long run. :laugh:
  • southwestern25
    Options
    It does work to lose water weight. Use hemorrhoid cream and then put the belt on. It will make your skin soft and make you sweat more. My trainer told me this secret and it works!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Well, I show horses and many people put a similar device on horse's necks to make their necks look nice and thin. It doesn't help you lose fat, but it can help you sweat out a little bit of excess water from that area to make a small difference. The effect is temporary, and you'd have to wear it a lot.