why do you not read the profile

mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
before requesting? i've posted a similiar one before and i'm seeing more of it now. Seems like at least half of the people here ask for a message when requesting them as friends, yet usually that message is ignored. I just wonder why people dont like to send a little message with their requests when its written on the profile. Its not like you have to write an essay or something just curious

Replies

• SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    I found that sometimes, a profile is locked and only friends can see it, so said request is ignored because it can't be read.... just sayin.. oh by the way.. You are Awesome ;)
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Wondered this myself......this is why im very strict about FRs with no message.....its all explained on my profile
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    I'm sorry I have read this three times and still don't know what exactly you are asking??
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    I'm shy and horrible at sparking up conversations hence why i don't do it.
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    I'm sorry I have read this three times and still don't know what exactly you are asking??

let me explain, I am fluent in Marius....

People put on their profile to ask people to pleas include a messaage in a friend request, when sending a friend request, however some people send friend requests without messages, he is simply asking WHY do they not read a persons profile before sending a FR...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I assume they did not read my profile.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    it makes it easier to screen people. that's an easy decline :)
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    well to me its like we really dont know anybody on here anyways,,,,,,SO the only reason i want to be your freind is for diet and support rt,,,this is my fitness pal rt ...ONE common goal rt!!!! ohhhhh,but i dont know im new here :happy:
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    they probably didn't read the profile or its set to friends only, which means all they cans is your username and profile pic. A message in a friend request is the way to go. ESPECIALLY if there is no profile pic.
  • I've honestly wondered this myself. If you are adding me, then I assume you've read my profile and you'd like to be friends. lol. It doesn't make sense! The only thing I can think of, is people like a comment you've made in a thread and then add you without seeing what your all about first.

I dunno man... I just dont know.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    It's the internet, why so serious?
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    If ur profile is private, the only thing they see is ur picture and an option to send u a message or request u as a friend. . Ur "about me" section of ur profile cant be seen until u accept the request.

But as common courtesy, I think all request should accompany a message .
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    They can't read mine because it's private - but.... if they don't include a message it's an easy litmus test for me. I like a lot of interaction with my friends. No introductory message (not even a brief one) is a good indicator that they're not going to be a good fit among my beloved MFPeeps.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    I always send a message with a friend request. I'm good that way :)
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I assume they did not read my profile.
    it makes it easier to screen people. that's an easy decline :)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Mine is open JUST so that people can read my profile. My first line is:

***FR's will be DENIED if there is no message saying why we should be friends attached to the request. I do try to encourage, support, motivate and/or entertain the friends on my list and would like to be able to keep it up. If you decide to send me a request, please note I am a supportive brat, and prefer real connections. I do not want to feel like I am a collectable, as I am here to support all of my friends. This means I will delete due to lack of interaction.***

Then there's more, and at the bottom, the same disclaimer that is in my signature. I just don't get it, either.....
  • bry_all01
    It's the internet, why so serious?

because its our pages and we wanna.... :tongue:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member

This is what we ask them to read its in the about me section on your profile...you can read mine as mines set so people can see it ********WILL NOT ACCEPT FR W/O A MESSAGE!! FRs WITHOUT A PIC WILL BE DECLINED**** Sorry peeps not trying to be a ***** but I like to know who is getting to know me!

Also please be informed that I use the word **** alot and I tend to post risque things If you can not and do not wish to view this please do not FR me.

I am frequently MOD STALKED so....Be warned you may be subject to random stalkings and may get warnings if you are my friend

♥♥♥YOU MUST INTERACT WITH ME!! I LIKE TO PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS.....and support them and cheer them on too!! ♥♥♥ NO INTERACTION I WILL CUT YOU...off my list

Last thing I do suffer from an ED so if you don't want to deal with it.....you got it Don't FR me...

Now if you made it thru that entire list of why not to FR me....and your still wanting to be my friend or are my friend....Hi Im Shan ♥♥
  • bry_all01
    I just declined someone just because of this post. No msg = DENIED.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    i've actually gotten friend requests with no message, and then i've sent ppl messages asking them nicely why they want to be friends.

i'm not doing that anymore. my profile is public (pretty sure) and if they can't read, screw'em.