Newbie to my fitness pal please help x

Options
Hi guys I have just downloaded this app and I am trying to get my head around it all. I just wanted to ask when I type in let’s say mayflower curry sauce powder it only comes up with the option of 100g but I would only be using 46grams I don’t know how to change it to that amount and the same goes to broccoli it only lets me pick a 100g for that can anyone help me please as really want to get started. Thank you so much, Claire xx

Replies

• Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can change the number of servings to a decimal. So, .46 if it’s 46 out of 100 grams. For many foods you can also change the serving size to 1 gram, then you would enter 46 servings.
  • ThePerpetualDieter
    Options
    Yes like rockmama said. There's a decimal right beside the gram amount and you change it that way. Example 100g broccoli and you only eat 50g just do 0.5 and it calculates it for you. I use it that way all the time for pretty much everything 😊
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    As the others have said, you can enter the actual amount you eat. Tonight, I ate 1/2 cup of something but the only measurement offered by MFP was 1 cup. Easy to replace that with 0.5 cup and have a more accurate entry. Good luck!