Spreadsheets for Weightloss/Wellness

Options
LaughingRockey
LaughingRockey Posts: 10 Member
edited February 2020 in Motivation and Support
I am looking to share spreadsheets/googlesheets/excel, & see what people are doing to track their goals & keep themselves accountable.

Wanna see what I've got so far? GoogleSheet
Select the tabs along the bottom to move from sheet to sheet.
Tabs:
  • rockey - daily accountability
  • running - miles ran this year
  • weight trends - graph of weightloss
  • goals - little weekly/monthly goals
  • measurments - ....I'm not going to explain that lol
  • % - fat/water/muscle/weight trends

Feel free to reach out on here or Instagram @ rowdyasparagus
I am also more than happy to hear your critiques and comments! And if you want help setting up a spreadsheet (even if youre spreadsheet illiterate) please reach out! I love spreadsheets lol

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Your sheet is super cute and way more stats than I track. I'm sorry I have nothing to share as I tend to do things long hand and on the fly based on the stats recorded by my fitness hardware, but I wanted to compliment you on your awesome tracking sheet. All those ticky boxes look super satisfying. :)
  • LaughingRockey
    Options
    @ElizabethKalmbach
    You're so sweet, and so right! There is nothing so satisfying as ticking those boxes haha
    Even if it's long hand, its great that you're tracking all of those stats. Sometimes it's hard to see how far we've come without them. Feel free to let me know if you want me to set you up with a spreadsheet, even a basic one, where you can dump you data and get a nice graph [=
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    :smiley: I'm in IT for a living and a gadget junky. I think I *prefer* to do my journaling long hand because I track everything else with spreadsheets and databases at the office. I can export from most of my gadget interfaces if I need to, but for the most part, at this phase of my game, I'm tracking how I *feel* and whether or not I did my shoulder PT today, and then looking back to note that yesterday's pushups have aggravated my issues and are off the workout until further notice. :P

(I have a SERIOUS marker/office supply hoarding thing going on, and I love doodling on the edges of my notebooks and color-coding things and ripping out the pages when the grocery lists on them are acquired... Etc.)

But that's a super sweet offer that is bound to help somebody out!
  • LaughingRockey
    Options
    there is now a new DietBet tab too, in case you have used or are interested in using it
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Impressive spreadsheet - well done!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Wow! I love the spreadsheet! I now wish I had the knowledge to make one like that!

Edit: I do have a spreadsheet that I use for myself. Not one clue how to share it. Not really worth it since it just holds numbers for me. I do not know how to do calculations/graphs, etc.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Google sheets allows text rotation so your words above the checkboxes would be readable. It also allows freeze panes so you can scroll down and still see the headings.

I have a spreadsheet that is pretty boring on Google sheets because that is on my phone. I intend to make a nice one in Excel, but haven't gotten around to it. I am trying to figure out maintenance calories, so that's my main goal.

Thanks for sharing! I love spreadsheets and seeing what others do.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Ok, that looks like a fun way to keep track of everything going on! But it's also overwhelming to me. My techno illiterate brain just refuses to function like that. :/ I had to have my dd create a business spreadsheet for me way back when I was still working and had a business of my own. :blush:

I'm more the hands on type too. But I do like how you can make it into your own personal diary type thing. Thanks for sharing!!
    I have many journals that have been gifted to me over the years; I really should do something like that instead.
  • LaughingRockey
    Options
    @johnwhitent
    Thank you!

@AlphaHowls
    If you want to make your spreadsheet more advanced, I would love to help you out with getting some formals in there and whatnot. It's much simpler than it seems because once you have a formula and a format you never really have to change it, you just copy and paste it around.
    DM me if you get a change

@bold_rabbit
    If you're not storing mass quantity data or looking to do 4 dimensional graphs, GoogleSheets can actually do most of the things excel does. DM me if you want help beefing up your spreadsheet! Would you be willing to send a copy so I can see it?

@ReenieHJ
    I totally understand; my fitness partner doesn't function like that either, so she does hers in a bullet journal.
  • DarfPalmer
    DarfPalmer Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    That's an excellent idea! Thanks for making it for us! I think this might improve our motivation, as we will see the results of others! I've been trying to lose weight for a few months already, but it s easier to do when you should share your results with other people. I try to run every morning and eat less carbs. I also go to onsitemedspa.com for anticellulite massage and other procedures to improve my body. I hope we all will help each other maintain our fitness routine, which will lead us to our goal quicker. And I believe this is my last year as an overweight person. Good luck to you, guys!
  • tonyayoung54
    tonyayoung54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a screenshot of the Excel spreadsheet I made. Each month as I fill in my stats a new weight loss quote pops up in the boxes to help keep me motivated.
  • noodlesno
    noodlesno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh I bloody love a spreadsheet. Unfortunately the link doesn't seem to be working to yours but I bet it is great.

This one is mine. It is all automated so the only thing I input is the blue cells. The current weight I can put in at any time to see if I am on course otherwise I just log my weekly weigh-ins. Everything else just does what it needs to do. If anyone wants a copy happy to share.

d4wrbf5bw8l8.png