Long Term Success Stories

Options
Othique
Othique Posts: 4 Member
I see a lot of "I've Achieved my Goal Weight" posts.. and I see some "I'm back to where I was" posts.

I'm curious to hear some long-term maintenance success stories?
i.e. "I lost ___ lbs and have kept it off for __ years"

Replies

• aCountryVegan
    aCountryVegan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 65 year old male and have lost 120 pounds, went from a 48" waist to 32" and now maintain it thru running and tracking on MFP. When I was injured I did bounce up 10-20 pounds, but as soon as I got to running again I dropped it right back off. I doubt if I will ever stop tracking my calories, as it is as important for losing and maintaining weight as it is to ensure I am eating enough as an endurance runner. Back in the early days I had times where my calorie deficit was so big, that my training was suffering for it. So I will track calories for the rest of my life.
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I was at 127 kg in 2012. I currently am at 64 kg and am still losing a bit, but I am on my forever diet. That means that the loss is expected to stabilise and turn into a steady state without changing the diet. If, and that is a big if, the weight loss continues to below what is appropriate, I'll tweak the diet a bit to add a few calories, but it won't be much. What I did and do, works for me. It has advantages and disadvantages but altogether, I have the best diet I have ever had and see no valid reasons to change it if the situation does not call for it, so while my weight will almost certainly still go down a bit, I am pretty much in the maintenance range.
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Started MFP in 2018 and lost 75 pounds. I’m 62 now. I’ve kept it off since loss fluctuating no more than 5-6 pounds. When I start to creep up I go back to diligent tracking and eating st the low end of my calorie range.
  • brenn35
    brenn35 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have kept 40 lbs off for the last 10 years, I would love to have some retirement friends, please friend me.
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have been in maintenance for 4.5 years I lost somewhere around 20kg. It has not always been easy to maintain. Certainly it was a weight pendulum at times, but never more than 3Kg. For me the trick has been to continue to do some level of logging (in total over different platforms and account 8 years now) and learn what my triggers are and avoiding them as well as being active.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!